Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to make G.722 calls from a VVX 500 with a payload size different than the default (20ms). I use the web GUI to change payload size to 40ms and I can see the following line show up in my cfg file:

voice.audioProfile.G722.payloadSize="40"

However, when I make a call to another device the default payload size is used. I verified this with Wireshark and have attached the invite SDP. My cfg file is also attached. UC software version is 5.4.3.2036.

Is there something else I need to change to make this work? I would appreciate your suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @nmadani,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your older issue => here <= ?

Usually I would remind you to post the currently used software version but your attached Backup shows me that you are using an unsupported software UC 5.4.3

The next question would be why are you posting within the openSIP community when your backup shows me you are using Skype for Business or LYNC:

device.baseProfile="Lync"

Could you kindly clarify your old post and the new post and then use a currently supported software UC Software 5.6.0 or UC Software 5.5.3 instead?

Please also clarify if you are using Skype for Business / LYNC and if yes post your phones MAC address so I can check internally if you have the relevant required licences.

If this is openSIP please factory default your phone and ensure it is in Generic Mode prior to any new test providing a full wireshark trace and phone logs.

This is explained here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Yes, I solved my older issue (with another VVX phone) and updated my previous topic.

My current issue: Following your instructions, I upgraded the software to 5.6.0, factory defaulted the phone and changed Base Profile to Generic. I am still experiencing the problem.

I have attached a Wireshark trace and log files for a G.722 call with payload size = 40ms.

Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I am still experiencing this issue and would appreciate your help. I have attached Wireshark trace and log files in my previous reply.

Thank you,

Negin

HP Recommended

It has been over a year and I still have not been able to resolve this issue. Changing the payload size for individual codecs does not result in the "ptime" value changing in the SDP offer. I would appreciate any suggestions.

UC Software Version: 5.6.0.17325

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.