Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have spent two days now trying to recover a VVX 410.

I have setup a Filezilla ftp server and followed numerous posts on here as to how to setup the phone and the server.

To simplify matters:-

• I have reset the phone to defaults and reformatted
  • Set a static IP address on the phone on the same subnet as the ftp server
  • Set the Boot Server in the Provisioning Server/DHCP to Static and the BootSrv Type to String
  • Server type is FTP
  • Server address is ftp://192.168.000.066:21 (internal pc running the ftp server)
  • Default ftp user and password PlcmSplp (tested through ftp client to be able to logon)
  • Upgrade server ftp://192.168.000.066:21
  • Base profile = Generic

Try as I might, I just cant get the phone to connect to the ftp server to pull down configuration.

Please, can anybody help? Do I need to update BootBlock or BootL1?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Martin65,

The VVX410 was sold by VIDENDA DISTRIBUTION LIMITED back in 07/07/2015

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Martin65,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It would help if you tell us what happened to the phone in the first place and if any error messages are being displayed.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 11,2017 Question:Do I ever need to upgrade the BootBLOCK of my Polycom phones?

Resolution: The only phone that needs the BootBLOCK updated it the VVX1500 when upgrading to UC Software 5.2.0 or later as explained  => here <=

In addition there is no need to specify the port. A simply IP address is sufficient.

I would suggest you span a port and use wireshark to see if the phone is picking up the options from the DHCP server or can reach your network.

In regards the upgrade server you need to host an XML file as shown here:

Mar 30, 2012 Question: Can I host my own upgrade Server?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was trying to upgrade the firmware and it went into an indefinate loop.

The error is "Application not present" so it still goes into the loop.

When I look at the ftp server, the phone is not logging in.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Martin65,

the Application not found is an indication that you either:

• Formatted your file system

or
  • Something went wrong when updating / downgrading the phone

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I suggest you follow my original advise:

I would suggest you span a port and use wireshark to see if the phone is picking up the options from the DHCP server or can reach your network.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have setup a static on the phone and can ping it from the pc hosting the ftp server so I know the phone can see the network and vice versa.

So, my original post still stands.

Does anybody have any advice on setting up the ftp from a polycom 410 please?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

HP Recommended

I am not using a DHCP server anywhere in the network.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

I would suggest you span a port and use wireshark to see if the phone ..... can reach your network.

HP Recommended

As I dont have wireshark installed I have tested by connecting to the public provisioning server <removed by the moderator as this server is not an official public server>

The phone connects to the server and then tries to download the firmware. It gets to the end of the download of the configuration but then complains of error application not present.

To confirm, I can also ping the phone from a pc on the network.

HP Recommended

To confirm.

I first pointed to <removed> and downloaded the updater I then pointed to <removed>

At the end of each cycle after the applications were "downloaded", which to about 1 minute the phone reported "error, application not present"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.