Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Cisco 7936 firmware flash

r1c4ard
Occasional Visitor

Cisco 7936 firmware flash

Hi 

I have a recently purchased a Cisco 7936 from ebay seems a original phone and was picked up for a silly price.

Does anyone know if it is possible to flash the Polycom firmware for the equivalent phone model to the 7936 as I would ideally prefer the phone to be SIP

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

With Thanks

Richard

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Cisco 7936 firmware flash

Hello Richard,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your Post to here.

The 7936 is manufactured by Polycom for our Partner Cisco exclusively for usage with their CUCM platform.

Please raise this issue with Cisco as the Software on this unit is provided by them but as far as I am aware you are not able to flash a SIP Software on this unit as the unit is designed to work with their propitiatory SCCP Protocol.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2