Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have managed to successfully setup Polycom 7000 phone on Cisco Callmanager. I'd like the phone to have access to Callmanagers corporate directory.

Has anyone managed to successfully implement this if this is possible and if so, how is it done? Is there an entry for the phone? (cannot see anything within Callmanager). Do I need to do some file conversions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jaoy Ni

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Jaoy Ni,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could I please encourage you to use the Community Search Function for further posts?

You could have found this Post => here <= and the FAQ covering the Corporate Directory Functionality.

Just as an Information the SSIP7000 is not officially supported on the Cisco CUCM Platform.

Cisco sells a Polycom branded 7937 that runs their own Software.

Your Polycom® SSIP7000 may work as a 3rd Party Sip Device and supports the following:

Corporate Directory—The phone can be configured to access your corporate directory if it has a standard LDAP interface. 

This feature is part of the Productivity Suite. Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Microsoft ADAM, and SunLDAP are currently supported.

The SSIP7000 does not require an addition Productivity Suite license to utilize Corporate Directory access.

If your CUCM is compatible with the above please check the Admin Guide => here <= (assuming you are running UCS 3.3.0 or later) and check this Document at the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications => here <=.

Another method could be to utilize the Local Contact Directory—The phone maintains a local contact directory that can be downloaded from the provisioning server and edited locally. 

Any edits to the Contact Directory made on the phone are saved to the provisioning server as a backup.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier,

Thanks for the reply. I did use the search functionality and came across that very post, however I was unable to find the information I required. I am looking more for a guide or even a scenario configuaration example that would explain how the handset can access Callmanager's corporate directory - is there such a resource available?

Regards,

Jaoy Ni

HP Recommended

Hello Jaoy Ni,

as explained above. The SSIP7000 has not been certified with the CUCM and the only supported Corporate Directory's are mentioned above.

The Best_Practices_TB41137.pdf describes how to setup a Corporate Directory with a compatible Server and if the CUCM's directory is not in the List of compatible Directories you would need to liaise with Cisco in order to gather Information how to export their own directory format or the compatibility to the mentioned servers.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.