Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have couple of polycom IP 335. All phones have one sip account confiugred with local asterisk pbx. now we want to add 2nd ringcentral pbx account on these phones. however these ringcentral IP's are routed over some other router (not the default gateway). All IP phone recevie IP address from DHCP server. Classless routes are added into DHCP server options for Ringcentral server IP's. so this was the background, now the question is, as i am not sure, can a polycom phone learn those routes from DHCP server and build its internal routing table like normal comptuer does? or I will need to change the default gateway as router option in DHCP server options for these polycom phones creating reservations? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Never Mind. I'm sure now it does not. Even though static dhcp route option providing our router as gatewy for few selected network, polycom phone's were not storing that information. traffic from polycom phones were still going over default gateway that was our firewall. verified this from FW logs. So used the static or dhcp reservation schemes to change the default gateway as router only for polycom phones. problem solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can anyone plase advice at erliest please?

HP Recommended

Never Mind. I'm sure now it does not. Even though static dhcp route option providing our router as gatewy for few selected network, polycom phone's were not storing that information. traffic from polycom phones were still going over default gateway that was our firewall. verified this from FW logs. So used the static or dhcp reservation schemes to change the default gateway as router only for polycom phones. problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.