Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've inherited a Polycom SoundIP 335.  I managed to perform a factory reset on the phone successfully.  However, when I tried to configure to phone to register onto my Elastix server, it fails.  Discovered the "Authentication Password" keep resetting back to the old password (previous onwer).  

How can I configure the phone so that the "Authentication Password" will stay (not changed).

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Ken,

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Hello Ken

that is not a problem but simply read what I have posted already.

Option 4 is what you require and the whole community search can be utilized for further questions.

If this fails please work with your Polycom reseller for support

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello K,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

We will always Asterisk the password even if there is no password so I am unsure what problem you are facing.

This is a newer phone than the more than ten year old phone you posted before but the same is applicable.

Please utilize the FAQ posts to troubleshoot this issue or open a Support ticket via a Pay per Incident / PPI.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You're right...I gave up with the old phone and went online and purchased the soundpoint 335.  Since I posted this message earlier I went to the URL - <removed by the moderator as this URL is for Support Customers only> and updated the firmware.  I think I have killed the phone.  After the update, the phone stopped to bootup at all now. It's saying something about the image imcompatible and no application found. I can't get back to the problem I had earlier.

Can you help to rollback to the old firmware I had before?

Ken

HP Recommended

Hello Ken,

Please ensure you follow the guidelines outlined in the READ ME FIRST post !

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 04, 2013 Question: What does the message "Image is not compatible" mean?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?

The Admin Guides, Release notes and technical documentation in addition to the above explain in detail how to upgrade a phone and also what interim steps are needed if the phone is on a certain software level.

Please utilize the above FAQ and community search to solve your issue as this has been explained over and over.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'm a newbie to VOIP.  I've just started to learn about the technology.  That's said,  have I bricked my Soundpoint IP 335?  Right now, I can't access the phone from my web browrser after I've performed the upgrade on the phone.  

I did not install the upgrader before the upgrade. I read the upgrade procedure after the fact.  What can I do to bring the phone back so I can perform a manual provisioning.

K.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Ken,

Hello Ken

Option 4 is what you require and the whole community search can be utilized for further questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I can't locate the option 4 you're referring.  I gave up and bought a branch phone instead.  I'll revisit this phone and the issue later.  Right now, I just needed to bring up a functional VOIP system.

Ken

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Ken,

Hello Ken

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Jan 04, 2013 Question: What does the message "Image is not compatible" mean?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Hello Ken,

hopefully my last reply.

• The 1st FAQ post explains why you getting the message.
  • The 2nd FAQ post explains how you setup your own server and what files you need to download.
  • I had then asked you to follow Option 4

OPTION 4:

Manually utilizing a provisioning server via the Phone GUI when the Phone is booting up

> UC Software 4.0.0 or later

• Polycom Logo appears
  • Press Cancel when "Loading Application" appears
  • Select Setup during the countdown
  • Enter the => Password <=
  • Select Provisioning Server
  • Modify the Server Type, Server Address, Server User and Server Password

> SIP Software 3.3.5 or older

• Polycom Logo appears
  • Select Setup during the countdown
  • Enter the => Password <=
  • Select Provisioning Server
  • Modify the Server Type, Server Address, Server User and Server Password

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.