Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been working on this issue for some time and any help would be greatly appreciated...

I have a SoundStation IP 6000 connected to an IP Office with a Windstream PRI. I also use a third-part conferencing service that is a long-distance number. When I call that number from any other phone, the call connects and the phone recieves a long tone from the provider where they enter their long-distance access code, then the call completes with the conference number.

When I call that same number from the SoundStation, I do not receive the long tone to enter access-code, instead I recieve a message from the carrier that my call cannot be completed as dialed. According to the IP Office, both calls send the same digits out of the same PRI and both end in a state "Connected" with Windstream. The only difference that I can find in the Monitor Trace is the failed call ends shortly after it's connected.

I feel like I'm really grasping for straws here, but does anyone know of any data or anything that the SoundStation might be sending that's making it's way to Windstream and wouldn't be very visible in the IP Office?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just in case this is useful for anyone else, here is what I found. I contacted Windstream and was able to narrow down the issue to a timer for the duration of the long-distance access tone. They were able to adjust it to a slightly longer value and we were able to reach the long-distance tone and enter the code.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just in case this is useful for anyone else, here is what I found. I contacted Windstream and was able to narrow down the issue to a timer for the duration of the long-distance access tone. They were able to adjust it to a slightly longer value and we were able to reach the long-distance tone and enter the code.

HP Recommended

Hello CrzGK ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Was this change made on the Polycom end or anywhere else?

If yes can you post the relevant changes?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.