Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys

I'm new in Polycom World please help

We just finish to deploy a new Polcyom VVX 600 with our new TOIP Lync system.

strange but real we cannot found a Conference softkey ( Button) on the VVX 600 Sceen.

Please let me how can I put it back and where the buttons can be manage ( add and remove them).

Thank you a lot

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Antar,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry

the version is : 5.0.2.2185

HP Recommended

If you are using BToE the conference soft key on the phone is removed. You will need to use the Lync client to start a conference call.  I would also suggest going to UCS 5.2 that just came out it resolves some of the issues starting conference calls using BToE.

HP Recommended

Hi James

even after the software was updated to UC 5.2 wa cann't see Conference sofkey when BToE is enable.

any idea ?

Thx

HP Recommended

If you are using BToE you need to use the Lync client to create and manage the conference call.  The phones do not support the protocol Lync uses to manage meetings.  In 5.0 the phones would let you do a 3 way call using the phone to bridge the calls but that was causing issues so now the conference soft key is removed when the phone is pared via BToE.

So for now you must use the Lync client to manage the call.

HP Recommended

Hello Antar,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The BToE 2.3.0 Release notes document this as follows:

• VOIP-89004 In a BToE mode, establishing a local conference is not available when the phone is paired with your computer.
    Workaround: You can make conference calls from the Lync client, or you can disable BToE on your phone by pressing the BToE soft key and selecting Disable before making a conference call on your phone.

Above is working as currently designed as the conference is not held locally on the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.