Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Conference softkey issue

SOLVED
BusyCrazy
Occasional Contributor

Conference softkey issue

We currently testing the network conference to broadworks using VVX400 & VVX500, and it works normally when using UCS 4.1.5.3284, but when we upgrade the firmware to 4.1.6, 5.0.0 or 5.0.1. the conference softkey will disappear once the phone connected 2 ppl (three-way conf). How can I make the conference softkey appears again ? Thank a lot.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Conference softkey issue

Hello BusyCrazy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you using voIpProt.SIP.conference  functionality?

If yes then this is a know bug at least in UCS 5.0.1 and should be addressed in the next release.

Please check the release notes for 90207.

For more details if the above configuration parameter is not used check the FAQ post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: What is the maximum amount of participants in a conference call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
N0ph0s
Occasional Advisor

It has been my understanding that is the way the phones work.

I have seen this on VVX500's, IP330's,IP335's and IP560's. The way it was explained to me was that it's not a true confrence button but a 3 way call button.

after the 2nd connected call you can't connect any more. This is a limitation of the DSP of the phones.

Message 2 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello BusyCrazy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you using voIpProt.SIP.conference  functionality?

If yes then this is a know bug at least in UCS 5.0.1 and should be addressed in the next release.

Please check the release notes for 90207.

For more details if the above configuration parameter is not used check the FAQ post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: What is the maximum amount of participants in a conference call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
BusyCrazy
Occasional Contributor

Hi N0ph0s & Steffen,

Thanks. I'm using voIpProt.SIP.conference.So I better stuck at 4.1.5 first. Looking forward to next release : )

Message 4 of 4