Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Configuration Status

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Configuration Status

Just a question...

In playing with my 321 phone, I noticed under Menu...Status...Platform...Configuration....

You can see which files were loaded,

How many Parameters were accepted,

How many errors were found and

How many duplicates were found.

How or where can I see the details of this info?

Many Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Configuration Status

Hello rappenp,

using a Provisioning method like FTP enables the Phone to not only download it's configuration but also to upload changes made via the GUI or the Web Interface and in addition upload it's mac_address-app.log and mac_address_-boot.log.

Both these files contain vital information and highlight errors found in the configuration.

In addition FTP supports the append functionality so log files do not get overwritten on a reboot.

Polycom Support usually requests this for any troubleshooting efforts.

The 000000000000.cfg or an individual mac_address.cfg contains LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY=""

This can be used for a local directory but also like LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="ftp://user:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" or any other protocol.

Please consult the Admin Guide matching your SIP/UCS Version for more details.

If FTP provisioning is not an option Syslog is recommended instead.

To enable syslog on the phone you would press:

Menu> Settings> Advanced> Administrator Settings> Network Configuration> Syslog Menu> set the Server Address> set the Render Level to 1 then back out and Save changes.

Then you could reboot the phone and you should see messages on your syslog server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Frequent Advisor

Re: Configuration Status

Steffen,

I'm running into an issue after upgrading a VVX 411 from 5.4.3.2036 to 5.8.2.4732.

How can I find out what the 4 config errors are that I see under Settings - Status - Platform - Configuration?

I normally can see the parameter errors in the app or boot log but I'm not seeing anything in this case.

Any log limit to adjust to DEBUG?  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 3