Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

What I want to do is map line key 2 to a speed dial instead of just another line - in this case the 3cx call pickup function *20*

There are various conflicting options in the polycom administrator's guide, none of which I can get to work.

<call
call.directedCallPickupString="*20*"
call.directedCallPickupMethod="legacy"
call.offeringTimeOut="0"
/>

or remapping the physical key as follows (with appropriate entry in the phone book)

<feature
feature.directedCallPickup.enabled="1"
feature.urlDialing.enabled="0"
/>

<key
key.SPIP_321.10.function.prim="SpeedDial"
key.SPIP_321.10.subpoint.prim="99"
/> 

neither of which works. The only way I can find to do it is set via the web interface of each phone manually under the 'Utilities -> Line Key Configuration' which is tedious for 30+ phones and means every time a phone reboots it has to be done, or to disable option 66 which defeats the option of having phone provisioning in the first place.

Nearly every other option on the web interface shows a corresponding field for the config file but of course this does not. Exporting the config from the phone also does not show any fields relevant.

I am sure there is a way to do this but it escapes me at the moment.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Sphere,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post describes this in detail.

A working example could be:

<key key.SPIP335.10.function.prim="123" feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"/>

As you can see the substitution string you had used is incorrect.

In my example pressing the key dials 123.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.

I am pleased to say this works but can you please advise how to label the button also as this is not clear from the thread you linked to - it only seems possible by using a speed dial reference?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Sphere,

you are correct, in order for a name to appear in the display below the first line key, only a speed dial will work.

On the Entry-level IP desk phone's like the SPIP335 the line keys to actually not match up with the display so you could simply use the replaceable cap for the 2nd line key and label this accordingly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can you advise the correct format of the speed dial entry for the IP321 as the one in the example, i.e. SD 99 does not work for me?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Sphere,

in order to simply assign the first Speed Dial (<sd>1</sd>) to a key you simply do as follows:

• Press the Line Key 2 in this example and hold it for a short while

• The Speed Dial Menu will appear and prompt you for a first name
    Give this a name of your choice

• Once added scroll down to the contact and enter the number you require

Once above is stored the name of your choice will appear on the phone screen and by pressing the line key 2 the number will be dialed.

! Note: This is a very specific example for the Entry level phones and anyone accessing the Speed Dials on the phone may delete this by accident !

From factory default simply adding this to the 000000000000-directory.xml will program this on every phone (inlcuding none SPIP3XX Phones).

If this is only required for individual phones please create individual <MAC>-directory.xml files and add a <sd>1</sd> contact and reboot the phone so it can load it from the provisioning server.

Any other solutions are described in detail in the linked FAQ post and further support should be obtained from your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.