Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Configure Polycom Soundstation IP 6000 to Allworx 6x server

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Configure Polycom Soundstation IP 6000 to Allworx 6x server

I can't configure the Polycom to the Allworx server.  I created a generic SIP within Allworx and  I logged into the Polycom admin page of the device and changed the settings there.  But still i get the message "cannot load from boot server".  Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Also, when I try to enter the IP address of the server  into the SIP tab, it doesn't take although it does show it in the device itself. 

Shane

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Configure Polycom Soundstation IP 6000 to Allworx 6x server

Hello synergyshane,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you always post your current software version.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains these post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains why you are getting this message.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?

Above explains how to setup the server

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Above explains how to setup a simple SIP registration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2