Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have worked with the new system vendors support techs & they said to contact Polycom.

I have some Polycom vvx 301 phones which were on another system vendors setup. We are decommissioning the old system. Management wanted to move the phones from the old system to the new system by another vendor.

The phones have had multiple factory resets. The provisioning server, username, and password for the new provider has been entered.

I get <mac>.cfg file not found error.

Old vendor says phones are not locked to their system. The old vendor does not lock phones.
New vendor says phones are locked.

How do we unlock the phone to work on the new system?
How do we get the phones working on the new vendor?

Attached is a zip file with 3 files in it; 1) phone backup, 2) diagnostic file, and 3) log file of the phone I am working with.

Phone Model VVX 301
Part Number 3111-48300-001 Rev:A
MAC Address 64:16:7F:00:7E:CA
UC Software Version 5.9.3.2857
Updater Version 5.9.7.26508

The list of phones have been entered into the new vendor's system & assigned "700" numbers for the new system.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello portass@leidos.com 

welcome to the Poly community.

Our Records show this phone was added to our Zero Touch Provisioning server by our Partner  Interactive Intelligence and at present is locked to them.

You can either contact II and ask them to remove this or send an email with a photo of the MAC to ztpinfo@polycom.com so we can remove it.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.