Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Configure Soundpoint IP 330 to provide early media ringback

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Configure Soundpoint IP 330 to provide early media ringback

All:

Is there a way to configure the soundpoint IP 330 (or the 550 or 650) to provide ringback tone itself via RTP when it is the call target? This is in contrast to sending a 180 without SDP and relying on the caller to generate the ringback locally.

Thanks!

- Greg

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Configure Soundpoint IP 330 to provide early media ringback

Hi Greg,

re-reading this message again (it was rather late when I responded) I seem to have comletely misunderstood the question.

Are you asking of the phone could send Audio to the far end to provide a call progress tone ?

If yes, then the answer is no. We only provide the call progress tones locally on the handset.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello Greg,

not having looked to deep into this but we do support RFC 3960—Early Media and Ringing Tone Generation in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

Have a look at voIpProt.SDP.early.answerOrOffer as the standard is 0.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Steffen:

I have tried that, and the phone, when the target of a call, returns 180 Ringing with SDP. But I do not see any actual media in the form of ringback tone (RTP). I am wondering if this media is in the phone by default or perhaps needs to be added. Please advise.

Thanks!

- Greg

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hi Greg,

re-reading this message again (it was rather late when I responded) I seem to have comletely misunderstood the question.

Are you asking of the phone could send Audio to the far end to provide a call progress tone ?

If yes, then the answer is no. We only provide the call progress tones locally on the handset.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4