Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I posted this on the Asterisk forums as well.  The first time I posted it I received no replies.  Perhaps it is just not doable.

"Can someone direct me to documentation that might give me a better understanding of configuring a Polycom IP 650 with a Polycom IP BEM add on module as a receptionist phone. In their current scenario with the Toshiba system, the receptionist uses the reception phone and sidebox to determine if a particular extension is busy and to do one button transfers to an extension if it's not busy. Don't know if that's possible with an Asterisk system. Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance."

I received no replies.  Should I interpret that as indicating that this simply can't be done within Asterisk?  I will post this on the Polycom forums as well but am wondering -- again -- if this is simply something that can't be done with Asterisk.  Or if there is someone who has done this or something similar, we are more than willing to pay for educating us on how to do it.

If it can't be done, it would seem a serious limitation.

Or, are there better solutions already out there such as a software driven attendant console similar to what is available for Cisco VoIP?  If so, we would certainly entertain looking at something of that nature.

Thank You...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well,

it would help if you explain what is not working.

The Polycom configuration Part or the Asterisk Part.

Also, did you make any changes to Asterisk and then reload ?

What is the output of the commands that are mentioned?

Remember this is a Polycom Forum and you may have to ask in the Asterisk Digium Forum and maybe want to link to your post there so if other users struggle they can follow up.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jreed1949,

I have created a FAQ entry => here <= covering the Busy Lamp Field / BLF functionality requested in this topic.

This is actually covered in multiple topics all over the Internet as well but I added this to the FAQ and created a KNOVA Knowledge Base entry so other users can find it when using the correct wording.

Please let me know if this answers your query and works for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

A hearty Thank You for the reply.  While I've not yet had a chance to get everything configured and tested, reading through the documents certainly looks like it's exactly what we were looking for.  My apologies for not finding it on previous posts but didn't really know what to search for.  Did a few rudimentary searches on attendant console and a couple of others but did not come across any posts as detailed as yours.  Again, Thank You for your more than able assistance.

HP Recommended

Hate to be a bother on this but we have been sitting here for several hours trying to configure this and have followed this example to the letter.  Our assumption is that there are some implied things that we're not seeing -- i.e. there are other files that need to load and/or other configurations in Asterisk that must be present.  Is there any insight that someone can give us that might lead us down the right path as far as the rest of the configuration.  ANY thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

HP Recommended

Well,

it would help if you explain what is not working.

The Polycom configuration Part or the Asterisk Part.

Also, did you make any changes to Asterisk and then reload ?

What is the output of the commands that are mentioned?

Remember this is a Polycom Forum and you may have to ask in the Asterisk Digium Forum and maybe want to link to your post there so if other users struggle they can follow up.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.