Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Confused on how to setup IP 550 Phones to use on our network

chrisdunn
Occasional Visitor

Confused on how to setup IP 550 Phones to use on our network

I've been trying to setup the config files for IP 550 phones and I'm quiet confused on what to FTP server.  In the UC software 4.0.1 release there are alot of items in the folder.  There several config files, pictures and other things that i really dont know what to do.  What need to go in and what does not?  What do i need to change.  According to what i read, this is suppost to be less hassel and less files to load, but it looks like to me there is alot more to do and a lot more confusing than the IP 501 configs and phone setup info.  Basically i need help on what i need to use and what is actual garbage that can be ignored.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chrisdunn
Occasional Visitor

Re: Confused on how to setup IP 550 Phones to use on our network

And i have no experience really on setting this up.  Learning as i go with no help from polycom at all lol

Message 2 of 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Confused on how to setup IP 550 Phones to use on our network

Hello chrisdunn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3