Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Connecting an Trio8800 via USB Connects also an ethernet device. Can this be switched off?

SOLVED
Chris_Sch
Occasional Visitor

Connecting an Trio8800 via USB Connects also an ethernet device. Can this be switched off?

In our plant we have a LAN/WLAN-Switching active and due to this not needed ethernet-connection the users get disconnected from Wifi.

In the description is see the "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and i'm not quite sure why i would need this ethernet connection when i only want to use the polycom as a substitute Microphone/Speaker.

Sadly i was not able to identify a setting for this. Can someone bring light into this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Connecting an Trio8800 via USB Connects also an ethernet device. Can this be switched off?

Hello @Chris_Sch ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It's good practice to provide at least the currently used software version. This way the people in the community can advise based on not assuming this.

Copy the below into a text file and call it any name and with an ending of .cfg. Then import via the Web Interface and let us know if this worked.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--Disable the feature-->
<mr mr.devicePassThrough.usb.enabled ="0"/>
<!--Enable IP over USB (RNDIS driver) -->
<device device.set="1"
	device.usbnet.enabled.set="1"
	device.usbnet.enabled="0"/>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Connecting an Trio8800 via USB Connects also an ethernet device. Can this be switched off?

Hello @Chris_Sch ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It's good practice to provide at least the currently used software version. This way the people in the community can advise based on not assuming this.

Copy the below into a text file and call it any name and with an ending of .cfg. Then import via the Web Interface and let us know if this worked.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--Disable the feature-->
<mr mr.devicePassThrough.usb.enabled ="0"/>
<!--Enable IP over USB (RNDIS driver) -->
<device device.set="1"
	device.usbnet.enabled.set="1"
	device.usbnet.enabled="0"/>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Chris_Sch
Occasional Visitor

Ah, very nice. ok we have tested it today and we use the Software-Version 7.0.2.1073.

Testing was successfull and the polycom no longer provides this unwanted NDIS-Interface. Still the connection to speaker and microphone is operational. Thank you for you support @SteffenBaierUK
Message 3 of 3