Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Contact Closure for VVX410?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Contact Closure for VVX410?

We are looking for a contact closure device that will work with a Polycom VVX410 so that our dispatchers can utilize a headset with our radio system as well as the phone system.  For this to work, we are told that we need an off-hook sense (contact closure) so that the phone can inform the device of when it is off-hook.  This was obviously a part of older phones, but does anyone know if an external device is available that works with these VOIP Polycom VVX410 phones?  Thank you very much!

PS, I am attaching a diagram of what we are trying to accomplish.  Thanks!

Aaron

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Contact Closure for VVX410?

Hello HornIT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my knowledge Polycom does not sell such device but I assume you could do something like this using something as simple as a Raspberry Pi.

The phone can send Telephonie Notification Events to a server and you could get someone to write you an app and use the Pi's Contacts.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2