Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a polycom SPIP 601. I am trying to add some contacts manually on the phone and after reboot they are not saved.

Please advice.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

being unaware what software Version you have running on the phone (you previosely mentioned an older one) I would suggest:

1. to update to the latest Version
  2. check the FAQ for contacts here in the community
  3. check your log files

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

same thing happenes on 3.1.8. Maybe I should apply some additional settings ?

HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

did you see my list of things to check?

Did you check the logs?

Does the phone upload it's <mac>-directory.xml to the Provisioning Server?

Does the phone load its <mac>-directory.xml to the Provisioning Server after a reboot?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, the phone does download mac-directory.xml:

6.31.66.14 - polycom [02/Aug/2012:10:00:54 -0400] "GET /p/0139/0004f214cb87-directory.xml HTTP/1.1" 200

But the problem is that when I add a contact manually on the phone(not to a directory.xml) it is not saved after reboot.

Also if i delete dir.xml from the server > add manually contact to the phone > reboot > it is also not saved.

HP Recommended

Hello,

please provide step by step instructions on what you are doing.

Have you ensured, as previosely advised, that you only use the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg that came with the SIP 3.1.8 release and manually make the changes based on your old sip.cfg / phone1.cfg ?

Not following this and using old files may cause issues.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

1) I add contact manually on the phone

2) I reboot the phone and the contact is not saved.

I downloaded package of new firmware 3.1.8, i am not using old sip.cfg/phone1.cfg

HP Recommended

Hello nikita,

I always advise people to check the Admin guide.

In order to possibly help others check the parameter dir.local.readonly=""

Accoring to the Admin Guide this is set to the default which is 1.

From the SIP 3.1 Admin Guide:

Specifies whether or not local contact directory is read only.
If set to 0 or Null, the local contact directory is editable.
If set to 1, the local contact directory is read only.

Please try and set this to "0" as the standard would prevent any numbers from being added.

I have not tested this and you should contact your reseller as advised if you really need further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

dir.local.readonly="1" - makes a local directory read only without possibility to add contacts, "0" - will make it editable.

But my problem is that when i add a contact manually on the phone Menu > Features > Contact Directory > Add, and after that i reboot the phone it is not saved.

HP Recommended

Nikita,

the phone stores it's number in the local directory. If it is not allowed to do this the number will not be stored.

As these phones have been end of sale for a while you can only go down the route and pay for support.

Please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.