Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a feature/functionality question regarding the Trio8800 that we just recently purchased a few months back. Here is the following information on the device that we have currently sync with Skype for Business.

MAC Address/Serial: 64:16:7F:29:7C:B9

UC Software Version: 5.5.3.3517

My question is:

I am able to share content during a video conference call perfectly fine via Skype for Business client and all current attendees is able to view what is being presented, however; when I try to share content through People + Content via USB and software (PCIP version 1.4.2.528) the content  only shows on the local display and not on the viewer's/attendees display, is this how the device is supposed to function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ULandCB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The People & content just like AirPlay and Miracast is for local sharing only.

Please use the Skype for Business functionality if you want to share something to a global audience.

From the 5.5.3 Admin Guide as an example:

Show Content with Polycom People + Content IP over USB and over IP UC Software 5.4.2 RevAA enables you to use Polycom® People + Content® IP to share video and data from your desktop when your Windows® or Mac® computer is connected by USB to the RealPresence Trio 8800
system when in or out of a call. Audio content is not shared. When using People + Content to share content over USB, no network connection is needed. This is useful for environments where guest IP access is not allowed. Note the following:

• You can show content with People+Content IP on a computer connected by USB to RealPresence Trio to a maximum of 1080p resolution on a Windows computer. You must use UC Software 5.4.3AA or later to share your desktop at up to 1080p resolution using a Mac computer connected by USB to the RealPresence Trio solution.

• In a Skype for Business environment, People + Content IP over USB works only with local content sharing, and does not work with peer-to-peer or with Lync conferencing (AVMCU).

Sharing content with Polycom People + Content IP from a computer connected over IP supports 720p resolution with five frames per second (FPS) on the RealPresence Visual+ monitor. The computer and RealPresence Trio solution must be able to communicate on the same IP network.

When RealPresence Trio is registered with Microsoft Skype for Business or Lync, you can share content with Polycom People + Content IP only to a local monitor. You cannot share content with Polycom People + Content IP over a Lync or Skype for Business call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @ULandCB,

The People & content just like AirPlay and Miracast is for local sharing only.

Please use the Skype for Business functionality if you want to share something to a global audience.

From the 5.5.3 Admin Guide as an example:

Show Content with Polycom People + Content IP over USB and over IP UC Software 5.4.2 RevAA enables you to use Polycom® People + Content® IP to share video and data from your desktop when your Windows® or Mac® computer is connected by USB to the RealPresence Trio 8800
system when in or out of a call. Audio content is not shared. When using People + Content to share content over USB, no network connection is needed. This is useful for environments where guest IP access is not allowed. Note the following:

• You can show content with People+Content IP on a computer connected by USB to RealPresence Trio to a maximum of 1080p resolution on a Windows computer. You must use UC Software 5.4.3AA or later to share your desktop at up to 1080p resolution using a Mac computer connected by USB to the RealPresence Trio solution.

• In a Skype for Business environment, People + Content IP over USB works only with local content sharing, and does not work with peer-to-peer or with Lync conferencing (AVMCU).

Sharing content with Polycom People + Content IP from a computer connected over IP supports 720p resolution with five frames per second (FPS) on the RealPresence Visual+ monitor. The computer and RealPresence Trio solution must be able to communicate on the same IP network.

When RealPresence Trio is registered with Microsoft Skype for Business or Lync, you can share content with Polycom People + Content IP only to a local monitor. You cannot share content with Polycom People + Content IP over a Lync or Skype for Business call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for your reply and answering my question. Will this ever be made available at all with new patches potentially?

HP Recommended

Hello @ULandCB,

we are unable to discuss any future versions due the lack of an NDA / Non Disclosure Agreement and any feature request needs to be raised via a Polycom reseller or Polycom sales engineer:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the subject. It is very interesting.

Meanwhile, can you provide 1 detail. It is 5 FPS for P+C over IP.

What are the FPS when using P+C IP over USB ?

Thanks,

Cecile

HP Recommended

Hello @Cyrie,

I checked with the developer and he replied:

The maximum fps PPCIP will send is 30fps. However, with PPCIP's single threaded architectural constraints, the highest fps it tends to send is about 3-5fps when there is motion or up to 20fps when no motion (i.e. just moving the mouse cursor of a PPT slide).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello @Steffen,

Thanks for your answer.

I need to be sure. You say PPCIP. Is it the over USB ?

I need to run some tests and fps is very low when using MAC instead of PCs.

Thanks,

Cecile

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.