Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have a small issue : When I search on the corporate directory of my polycom phone (Polycom 650 on 4.0.3 and VVX310 on 4.1.4),  the result list is not on the alphabetical order.

For example, when I search sb, the first result is sbap , and the second result is sbaa.Normaly it's sbaa first then sbap.

Moreover, there are result on the list that is not correspond the search (result zcaa , etc ...)

Do anyone have got this issue ? It is our ldap server configuration error (we use AD LDS).

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello knuckles,

As long as you followed the engineering advise or the FAQ post I could not imagine this.

I suggest you run a wireshark trace via a spanned port and check what the LDAP server sends to the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok, 

I did with wireshark some traces, the first search request is correct : 

(&(objectCategory=username)(toto-name=Sb*))

But then, i have other request like 

Filter: (&(&(objectCategory=username)(toto-name>=Sbaap))(|(!(toto-name=Bbaap))(!(toto-name<=bidule))))

etc ... i don't understand why the phone make those search request

HP Recommended

Hello knuckles,

I would need to look at the configuration of the LDAP on the phone and compare this to a working setup in the lab and check against the wireshark trace.

This is outside the scope for me as a moderator and due the fact that the VVX shows the same behavior and is a phone guaranteed in warranty please take this up the official support channels.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I resolved the issue , I set the parameter dir.corp.sortControl to 1, and now the corporate directory search is working fine

HP Recommended

Hello Knuckles,

please be aware when using this parameter:

Control how a client can make queries and sorts entries locally. If 0, leave sorting as negotiated between the client and server. If 1, force sorting of queries (this causes excessive LDAP queries and should only be used to diagnose LDAP servers with sorting problems).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Seem that i have another issue.

When I searched Bu*, there is no result.

I disabled the sort control, and now I have the result, but the order is wrong, and i have result such as AR...

My actual configuration file :

<dir>
    <dir.local dir.local.readonly="0">
      <dir.local.contacts dir.local.contacts.maxNum="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP231="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP235T="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP320="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP321="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP330="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP331="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP335="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SSIP5000="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SSIP6000="99" dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SSIP7000="99"></dir.local.contacts>
    </dir.local>
    <dir.search dir.search.field="0"></dir.search>
    <dir.corp dir.corp.address="172.25.132.116" dir.corp.autoQuerySubmitTimeout="0" dir.corp.backGroundSync="0" dir.corp.baseDN="OU=1_Holding,OU=PPR Group,DC=bizphone" dir.corp.cacheSize="128" dir.corp.filterPrefix="(objectCategory=bizphonePoste)" dir.corp.pageSize="16" dir.corp.password="" dir.corp.port="389" dir.corp.scope="sub" dir.corp.sortControl="0" dir.corp.transport="TCP" dir.corp.user="bizphone-lire" dir.corp.viewPersistence="1">
      <dir.corp.attribute dir.corp.attribute.1.filter="" dir.corp.attribute.1.label="Nom" dir.corp.attribute.1.name="bizphone-nom" dir.corp.attribute.1.searchable="0" dir.corp.attribute.1.sticky="0" dir.corp.attribute.1.type="last_name" dir.corp.attribute.2.filter="" dir.corp.attribute.2.label="Prénom" dir.corp.attribute.2.name="bizphone-prenom" dir.corp.attribute.2.searchable="0" dir.corp.attribute.2.sticky="0" dir.corp.attribute.2.type="first_name" dir.corp.attribute.3.name="bizphone-reg-Sip-Id" dir.corp.attribute.3.label="Poste" dir.corp.attribute.3.type="phone_number" dir.corp.attribute.3.sticky=""></dir.corp.attribute>
      <dir.corp.backGroundSync dir.corp.backGroundSync.period="86400"></dir.corp.backGroundSync>
    </dir.corp>
  </dir>

I also attached the wireshark traces.

For your information, we are using AD LDS on Win server 2K8 R2

HP Recommended

I don't understand why the topic wasn't upped when I replied yesterday.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I've got the same issue ... so if you got an answer 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

as already outlined in an earlier response please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.