Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Could not contact boot server

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Could not contact boot server

I have a set of Soundpoint 450 , one of them keep saying this messages "Could not contact boot server using existing application" . All have the same config so it is related to hardware?

anyway to solve it, i had reset de flash, format file system and install the bootROM again, and it keep displaying the same message and rebooting.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Could not contact boot server

Hello Ibertel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please check the newly created FAQ => here <= and especially this post => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Check your DHCP Server option. If it Custom+Option66, enable DHCP Option66 on your DHCP server, or change to Static.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Also - don't forget to check your VLAN ID. If your phone is unable to conact the server, it could be having a hard time communicating its presence to the network properly. Once I changed this (default was blank on a brand new phone out of the box) to my server's VLAN ID, it started downloading a new bootROM, application, etc. like normal.

Message 4 of 4