Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

First I wanted to know if anyone had VoipStudio.com as their VOIP provider?  Secondly, I have 2, Polycom VVX 600's that I am trying to provision with their service.  Following their directions to the "T" and by using Polycom's support suggestions, these phones will not program/provision no matter what I do.  So I was hoping that both a Polycom rep. and someone familiar with VoipStudio.com's programming interface would be able to help me get this service up and working. The dept. that I need to talk to at VoipStudio.com is closed until Monday and I have a crisis situation basically of no phones/phone service.  I am new to the VOIP world, so some of the technical directions are very unclear to me.  Please help.  I will accept private messages all day/night.  Peace, thank you, and have a great weekend 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello chrisiskids,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You have not really provided any information or log snippets to attempt and help you.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains the following post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Actually I already have been in touch with Polycom support and they are the ones that told me to post here and use the attached information.  They said they do not give individuals support; only the VOIP couriers.

HP Recommended

Hello crisikids,

I did not doubt this and therefore advised you what FAQ post's are of relevance to yourself to fix this issue outside your VoIP Providers business hours.

The reseller for your VVX600 is the support contact for any support questions. I believe the Unit was sold via NextUSA / 8x8 so they can raise a ticket with us in case the community FAQ does not solve your issue.

In order for other community members to assist you I suggested to provide some logs or details on what you are struggling with.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, I appreciate the information/guidance - most generally you get good information in here.  Unfortunately this matter has gotten so complex trying to coordinate programming between the actual phones and their web interface that I would not have a clue how to print any logs.  I can tell you that is not an option on the phone itself or their website.  I sent them a support ticket asking that they contact Polycom directly, which they can do, then to get back with me.  My provider is located in the UK and the Polycom VVX 600 is so new that they had never seen a physical phone until yesterday and remain pretty dumbfounded regarding how to provision it. I can tell you after hours/hours of research that there is excellent provisioning documentation online in many places, but when it comes to keying finite computer code, that is above my head.  I am pretty tech-savvy but this VOIP thing is a whole new ball of wax for me.

I'll update you on this when my courier responds to the trouble ticket I put in with them.

HP Recommended

Hello chrisiskids,

I am not sure if I understand your issue.

If you have an account with your Provider you simply add the credentials provided by them as explained here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

In regards of troubleshooting any issues via the Phone logs you simply follow this post here:

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that information is for the old VVX 400's.  The 600's just launched and very few providers have details on them which is obviously kind of paralyzing.  But I'll keep you up to date after my courier talks to Polycom.  If you want to keep closer touch, send me a private message.  I'm willing to help however I can.

HP Recommended

Hello chrisiskids,

the VVX400 was released after the VVX600 so the VVX 300/310 VVX400/410 are "younger" than the VVX 600.

The instructions are the same for all the phones and the Pictures of the individual phones are for illustrative purposes only.

Please follow the FAQ post's or work with your VoIP Provider within their business hours.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen - however - I was not given that information by my first VOIP provider.  Obviously you would know - you work for Polycom.  Steffen, I have followed exact programming/provisioning directions posted everywhere with no success, so now my provider feels that the issue lies their network and server settings.  I'll keep you posted when they respond.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.