Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys, 

New to the RealPresence Trio 8800. Two things we're attempting to acheive at the moment and just wondering what the correct process is: 

We are curently on Firmware 5.4.3

1. Create a lock button on the home screen

2. Is it possible to make numbers that are called appear with a particular region format eg. At the moment an Australian mobile called will look like 0411 112 113 however, the Polycom is using US format and displays it as (041) 111 12113. Not sure if it's possible to change the numbers to look like an Australian formatted number? 

3. At the moment the default Emergency number on the dial pad (when the screen is locked) is "911" is it possible to change this somewhere? 

Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. 

To anyone else trying to resolve this issue there are a couple of things to take note of: 

1. Make sure you're using Internet Explorer for import and export of configurations. Using other browsers did not work for us. 

2. For those people looking to remove the US type of formatting eg the auto adding of a 3 digit area code (012) 1232 etc goto your web configuration -> Utilities -> Import & Export Configuration. Click on "Export Configuration", then click "All Configuration (except Device Settings) from the drop down and click the Export button. Edit this file (we used Notepad++) and add the following line: 

up.formatPhoneNumbers="0"

Save the file and then on the same web configuration page under Import Configuration, select the new file you just saved and import it. The phone will reboot and you will no longer have the US formatting for numbers.

3. For those in Australia looking to remove the default Emergency number as 911 and change this to 000 - follow the steps above to export your "All Configuration (except Device Settings)" file. Edit it and add the following lines:

dialplan.1.e911dialmask="112;106"
dialplan.1.e911dialstring="000"
dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value="000"

Thanks to http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/VVX-series-phones-dialing-number-before-number-is-fully-entered... for the tip.

Steffen just as a note we are running in the Generic mode (SIP). So maybe in this mode the Emergency is by default set to 911 and the only way to change it was via the settings above. I saw on the boards other people speaking of the same issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello MWR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

1. This is not possible at present and would require a Feature Request

2. Use the up.formatPhoneNumbers Parameter and set to ="0"

3. The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I lock my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above shows the Web Interface Options for authorized calls and using this I can set 5 different numbers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

Thanks very much for your prompt response. This has been extremely helpful. Sorry to be a pain but just need some clarifications on the below:

2. Use the up.formatPhoneNumbers Parameter and set to ="0"

Is there an example somewhere on the file that I should be generating to upload in the web interface via the "Import configuration" setting? I understand I need to create a file called features.cfg and then place this setting in there somehow. Are there any examples on how this should be done? I'm sorry if I haven't looked hard enough but I haven't been able to import a configuration that actually worked via the web interface. My changes just seem to be ignored.

3. The Emergency number is set to 911 as the only number that I can dial. Even if I do not set any Authorized numbers it always has one setting which is 911. In the FAQ supplied it doesn't mention how to remove the 911 entry or have the ability to change it, it only talks about how to enter your own 5 additional numbers. Is there a way to specifically remove the 911 entry?

Thanks again for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hello MWR,

My own Trio is running 5.4.3 and I do not see the 911 being offered. If locked and no authorized numbers then there is no number.

Is this LYNC or SIP ?

For the other question in regards of the parameter please have a look here:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. 

To anyone else trying to resolve this issue there are a couple of things to take note of: 

1. Make sure you're using Internet Explorer for import and export of configurations. Using other browsers did not work for us. 

2. For those people looking to remove the US type of formatting eg the auto adding of a 3 digit area code (012) 1232 etc goto your web configuration -> Utilities -> Import & Export Configuration. Click on "Export Configuration", then click "All Configuration (except Device Settings) from the drop down and click the Export button. Edit this file (we used Notepad++) and add the following line: 

up.formatPhoneNumbers="0"

Save the file and then on the same web configuration page under Import Configuration, select the new file you just saved and import it. The phone will reboot and you will no longer have the US formatting for numbers.

3. For those in Australia looking to remove the default Emergency number as 911 and change this to 000 - follow the steps above to export your "All Configuration (except Device Settings)" file. Edit it and add the following lines:

dialplan.1.e911dialmask="112;106"
dialplan.1.e911dialstring="000"
dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value="000"

Thanks to http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/VVX-series-phones-dialing-number-before-number-is-fully-entered... for the tip.

Steffen just as a note we are running in the Generic mode (SIP). So maybe in this mode the Emergency is by default set to 911 and the only way to change it was via the settings above. I saw on the boards other people speaking of the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hello MWR,

thanks for following this up in that detail.

Just an FYI to everyone else, I work daily with Google Chrome as a browser with no issues.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.