Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i wish to use a custom ringtone but when i convert the audio file to the format you use and try and install it to the server i get the invalid format error. no matter how i try and convert the file to the wav format it wont work on phone. can you please convert it for me, i have the full quality mp3 file on this link below. i hope you can help.

thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kdihxqi05epbiz/jigsaw.mp3?dl=0

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo ,

welcome back to the Polycom community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provided some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

so u wont help me get the ringtome converted?

HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo ,

prior to you ensuring that all previous posts have a meaningful update I am unable to do this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

have closed the other post, ended up thowing phone in bin as no obvious solution.

have a new vvx500 which am happy with

HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo ,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above post links to a discussion where a member has provided details on how to create a personal ringtone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

why is it so difficult to get help~?

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/Polycom-VVX300-and-custom-ringtones/m-p/83002#M1732...

i followed instructions on the faq page so have already done that before i posted here

as explained when i try and install into phone it says incorrect format, it is telling me the wav conversion file is not correct

this is why i am asking for help as when i try and convert it from mp3 to wav it does not work

HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo ,

not telling us that you already where aware of the FAQ post wasted everybody's time. So far you have not really provided us with anything we could try and look at.

Your post does not have the minimal requested information in it (Read me first / FAQ) so you next and quickest step would be to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have already explainted what the problem is. I want to use a custom ring tone. I have tried to cobnvert it to wav using the format you use but despite me trying that phone rejects it saying invalid format

i have given you the mp3 file and asking can someone convert the file for me

i am not a business this is just a home phone so why would i have an end user person or business accouint

i thought this was a community site so anyone can ask questions and anyone can help solve issues

attached is the convered to wav file that is getting rejected by phone saying its invalid format

HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo ,

just a quick recap how we expect things to work in this open and free community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

In addition we from Polycom cannot convert this file as we are unsure who the rights holder for this would be.

Stating all of the above simply following the linked FAQ post details and using the file you provided works fine with no issues.

The only reason for you to get the message you provided would be if you for example have set WAV to stereo.

0306093544|so   |4|00|File name is /rfs0/jigsaw.wav
0306093544|utilm|3|00|utilParseWaveFileHeader: Parsing Wave file
0306093544|utilm|3|00|  RIFF Header
0306093544|utilm|3|00|---------------
0306093544|utilm|3|00|ID:         1179011410
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Length:     364418
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Wave ID:    1163280727
0306093544|utilm|3|00|	FMT Header
0306093544|utilm|3|00|--------------------
0306093544|utilm|3|00|ID:                544501094
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Fmt Size:          18
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Codec:             6
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Channel Count:     2
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Samples per Sec:   8000
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Bytes per Sec:     16000
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Block Allignment:  2
0306093544|utilm|3|00|Bits per Sample:   8

The above is based on assumption as I have not seen any logs confirming this and neither the verbiage of the exact error message.

The converted file you attached work fine when imported on a VVX 300 running for example UC Software 5.8.2

0306094135|so   |4|00|File name is /rfs0/jigsaw - Community.wav
0306094135|utilm|3|00|utilParseWaveFileHeader: Parsing Wave file
0306094135|utilm|3|00|  RIFF Header
0306094135|utilm|3|00|---------------
0306094135|utilm|3|00|ID:         1179011410
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Length:     184824
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Wave ID:    1163280727
0306094135|utilm|3|00|	FMT Header
0306094135|utilm|3|00|--------------------
0306094135|utilm|3|00|ID:                544501094
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Fmt Size:          18
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Codec:             6
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Channel Count:     1
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Samples per Sec:   8000
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Bytes per Sec:     8000
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Block Allignment:  1
0306094135|utilm|3|00|Bits per Sample:   8

As you can see this works for me and due the lack of organised feedback I am unsure why it does not work for you.

Other volunteers are more than welcome to try and help you and if this all fails you need to go the route already explained.

I am not sure with what you mean by End User or Business account but again Polycom does not work with end users so the organisation who sold you the phone should be contacted for support. If they cannot provide the support please tell us the Phones MAC address so we can look up who originally purchased this from Polycom.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.