Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to customise the ringback tone - or more correctly the cadence -  in the SoundPoint for Australia, but it appears that the config options only permit 1 on-off cycle. (I can only see one set of onDur and OffDur in the cfg).

The Australian standard is for a dual-burst cycle following the pattern 400ms-200ms-400ms-2s.

Is it possible to config this in the SoundPoint??

If not, is there any chance we might be seeing it in a future update?

Thanks.

Greig.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I stumbled across the fix here.

It seems that you can't branch to a tone, only to silence.

I've posted a suitable tone/cadence combo for Australia here.

Thanks for your help with this one. I'm glad to have finally managed to resolve it!!

- Greig.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Greig,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to post their current software Version as it makes it easier to check against existing issues.

As I had dealth with something similar in the past.

For example a Work around for UCS 3.3.1 (not matching your pattern, just as an example !!😞

tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.repeat="1"
tone.chord.callProg.preemption.repeat="1"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="1"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.param="2000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="dialTone"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="1000" 
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="preemption"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.6.type="branch"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.6.value="-5"

This was fixed in UCS 3.3.2 and would work as:

se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.param=""
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="preemption"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="0"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.param=""
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="branch"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="-4"

Above is for the UCS Software and if you are still running SIP 3.2.x or older you will need to check the Admin guides for the correct parameters.

There is also a FAQ post => here <= explaining the dial tone functionality. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the speedy and helpful response. I'm running f/w 4.02B for Lync, and it's generally working well.

I've added the following to my active config file, but I can't see where I tell the phone to play the "se.pat.callProg.ringback" tone and not the "tone.chord.callProg.ringback".

<se>
    <se.pat>
      <se.pat.callProg>
        <se.pat.callProg.ringback se.pat.callProg.ringback.name="ringback">
          <se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.1.param="400" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.1.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.1.value="ringback"
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.2.param=""
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.2.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.2.value="200"
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.3.param="400"
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.3.type="chord" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.3.value="ringback" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.4.param="" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.4.type="silence" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.4.value="2000" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.5.param="" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.5.type="branch" 
se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.5.value="-4"
></se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst>
        </se.pat.callProg.ringback>
      </se.pat.callProg>
    </se.pat>
  </se>

(With apologies for the bad formatting in the paste)

What have I missed??

Tks,

g.

HP Recommended

Hello Greig,

I ran it through the cfcUtility to ensure that the correct Parameters are used.

The result is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Fri Jun 15 07:21:24 2012 -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <se>
    <se.pat>
      <se.pat.callProg>
        <se.pat.callProg.ringback>
          <se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.1.param="400" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.1.value="ringback" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.2.value="200" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.3.param="400" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.3.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.3.value="ringback" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.4.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.4.value="2000" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.5.type="branch" se.pat.callProg.ringback.inst.5.value="-4" />
        </se.pat.callProg.ringback>
      </se.pat.callProg>
    </se.pat>
  </se>
</polycomConfig>

Have a play around with this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

Your suggested config was much the same as mine, but still no joy - I'm subjected to the default US tones when I make a call.

I've since found some other tone examples on the web and converted them using the CFCUtility, but they're no better.

Adding the commands in the older syntax *do* result in a change, but it's not permitting the double cadence I'm seeking:

<tone>
<tone.chord>
<tone.chord.callProg>
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback tone.chord.callProg.ringback.offDur="200" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="400" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.repeat="2">
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="400" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="450" />
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-10" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-10" />
</tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
</tone.chord.callProg>
</tone.chord>
</tone>

Is there some flag I'm not setting in the config, where the phone's not being told to look for se.pat.callProg.ringback?

The doco seemed to suggest "se.appLocalEnabled" might have done the trick, but that turned out not to be the case.

Thanks,

Greig.

HP Recommended

Hello Greig,

there seems to be an issue with UCS 4.0.x and the se.pat functionality.

I have escalated this internally but would ask you to work with your Polycom reseller to get an additional ticket logged with our Support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I stumbled across the fix here.

It seems that you can't branch to a tone, only to silence.

I've posted a suitable tone/cadence combo for Australia here.

Thanks for your help with this one. I'm glad to have finally managed to resolve it!!

- Greig.

HP Recommended

Hello Greig,

I got a ticket open internally as there seems to be an issue starting with a tone and not a pause.

Keep an eye on future release notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.