Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

D60 being replaced by the D230?

SOLVED
JM-1
Occasional Advisor

D60 being replaced by the D230?

Hello, we are being told by our distributor that the D60 is being retired and being replaced by the D230. I am not finding any documentation, notices, etc. that corroborates that. Can you please let me know if that is true and provide any link or supporting documentation? Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: D60 being replaced by the D230?

Hello

usually if we end of life a product there will be a public announcement. I am not aware of this. 

Best regards 

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK

Hello

usually if we end of life a product there will be a public announcement. I am not aware of this. 

Best regards 

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
JM-1
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for such a quick response Steffen. I am going to accept your answer however am concerned that a Polycom Partner (Distributor - pretty large) is communicating that the D60 is being discontinued. Below is their actual reply to our purchase request:

"It appears that item 2200-17823-001 has been discontinued and replaced w 2200-49230-001.  We have 320 of these in stock in our SC warehouse."

Thank you again.

Message 3 of 5
LKVer
Valued Contributor

I have to disagree with Steffen.

First - there is no D60 on Poly official site, only D230.

https://www.poly.com/gb/en/products/phones/desk-phones

Second - pricelist also does not include D60 anymore, only some accessories and services.

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @LKVer ,

I am neither marketing or product management and I am only a volunteer here.

I have not seen any end of sale notification and the above answer was based on this.

From your Email, I can see you work for a distributor/reseller so you may be better informed as myself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 5 of 5