Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have couple of offices with polycom phones which are connecting to our polycom HTTPS  boot server. All server settings are configured in each phone in Server Menu. All of the phone are getting there IP from DHCP server(on the router). 

Recently we are getting alot of errors: "Fail to get boot parameters via DHCP". (DHCP server is up, everything is plugged correctly, cables are fine) Can this issue be related to DHCP menu settings? What options should we apply for each phone in this settings?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello nikita,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does the DHCP Server provide via Custom or Option 66 the Provisioning server details or not?

Only a Wireshark trace whilst the issue happens could show if the DHCP Server indeed responds correctly or not.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Here is my settings in DHCP menu on the phone:

Timeout: 3

Boot Server: Custom+Opt66

BootServer option:160

BootSrv Type: String

VLAN Discovery: Disabled

VLAN ID Opt: 129

Is this correct?

Also, how cn i sniff the trafic which goes from the DHCP server(router) to the phone using wireshark? As i know wireshark can only sniff the interface of the computer where you are runing it (wireshark).

Thanks, looking forward for your answer.

HP Recommended

Hello nikita,

we encourage all users to check the FAQ. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Here is a helpful post on using wireshark to capture trafiic on phones...

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-to-Troubleshoot-Polycom-VoIP-related-Issues/m-p/8930

Just an FYI though, analyzing Wireshark traces is beyond the scope of the community forums so you may need to contact your reseller for further assistance.

Also, those settings should be fine as long as there is a DHCP server on VLAN ID 129.

HP Recommended

WHat is the point of a response such as this one? No help at all with fair and valid questions. Referring to the FAQ does nothing. I believe most users would only post when necessary. I am having the same issue and have found nothing that pertains to my issue... DHCP failing on a VXX410 connecting to a CIsco Phone switch... 

HP Recommended

Hello @cgallego,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You have responded to a post that is nearly 5 1/2 years old.

We refer to the FAQ as this holds valuable information in regards of logging levels etc.

In addition your post is lacking the basic minimum information that every post should have aka the Software Version.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In your case we would need at least a wireshark trace from a spanned port.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.