Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir/Madan,

We're using Polycom vvx500 phone with latest IPv6 firmware. But when we are deploying it in a pure IPv6 network it gives "DHCPv6 failed", we did the following settings on the vvx500:

1. Mode is Selected: IPv6

2. DHCPv6 is selected for bootserver.

We are using a Windwos server 2008 R2 for DHCP server, our next question is what DHCPv6 option shall i configure on the Windows 2008 R2 server to give it boot server address?

We read the uc_software_release_notes_5_5_0.pdf and as we are In IPv6 network, the following values are applicable:
• 4 - The phone uses the boot server configured
through the Server menu.
• 5 - The phone uses the boot server option provided
through DHCPv6.

We set value 5 in device.cfg,

But there is no option request in DHCPv6 Solicit packet sent by the vvx500.

Can someone give us idea what we are missing?

Please refer attached wireshark when we set value#5.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello anuragccsu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Software is brand new and I can only ask you to open a service request.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. 

Checking the MAC Address 0004F2B44127 shows WESTCON COLLABORATION as your reseller. Please work with them to get this raised.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello anuragccsu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Software is brand new and I can only ask you to open a service request.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. 

Checking the MAC Address 0004F2B44127 shows WESTCON COLLABORATION as your reseller. Please work with them to get this raised.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear SteffenBaierUK,

Thanks for the quick response.

However i'd like to update you on the issue we had at our end, This phone has come to us through NEC America and we are from NEC India. NEC India is also the subsidiary of NEC only.

Therefore, we cannot contact through Polycom reseller.

It would be great you can redirect us to Polycom technical team.

Regards

Anurag V

HP Recommended

Hello Anurag V,

Without a service contract setup Polycom does not support End Users and any support request must go via the Reseller.

Please get your US Team to raise this with the reseller outlined and the Polycom NALA Team can then probably move the case to the Polycom APAC team to support you in your time zone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Anurag V and all,

I looked into this briefly and created a new FAQ:

Jul 06, 2016 Question:Do Polycom IP Phones support IPv6?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for more details

Looking at your attached Trace (Unsure if you filtered this in any way or form or if any LLDP or CDP was used for VLAN assignment) I cannot see any DHCPv6 enabled Server responding:

The only way I could replicate this in my own lab was if I did not assign an IPv6 IP address to the Windows 2008 Server. Once an IPv6 Address was assigned to the DHCP Server it would respond.

In order to answer your other question in regards of providing a Bootserver Address this requires further follow up so please go ahead and raise a ticket as suggested.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.