Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

DND-Server Control

Frequent Advisor

DND-Server Control

Hi, all.

Is there any list of SIP-servers, that support server-based DND? And is there any explanation, how this feature works?

My goal is to make this scheme:

When I press DND on phone, I want phone to dial speceific extension, for example, *87 (On this extension PBX will know, that phone is in DND state), and somehow puts on phone screen specific icon, that user can control it visaully.

When I press DND once again, phone to dial speceific extension (can be same, but better is to be separate), for example, *89 and PBX puts phone in "online" and somehow tells phone to change on-screen display icon.

Can it be done via Polycom phones? (Mostly using SPIP 335)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: DND-Server Control

Hello Samael,

I do not believe that we hold a public overview and you would need to liaise with a Polycom Sales engineer via your Polycom reseller.

The FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 07, 2012 QuestionHow can I add a server based DND / Do not disturb and / or Call Forward?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Polycom officially supports Device Feature Key Synchronization signaling in order to set a server based Do Not Disturb or Call Forwarding status.

The above post has an document attached outlining this in detail.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Frequent Advisor

Server-side DND and call forward does not currently work with Asterisk. ECMA-323 support is not yet available.

See this issue: https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Ok, I'll raise a ticket, if there is any way of this solution, I will post it here, cause this feature is really widely-used (as I know)

Message 4 of 4