Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello  Support, 

We have couple of polycom soundstation IP 4000 & IP 5000 which works perfectly fine except the DTMF tone recognition when dialing  IVR systems. I have followed the steps suggested on the FAQ :Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system or how to troubleshoot DTMF issues by changing the config files;but still the DTMF tones are not recognised. 

The following lines got reflected in the config file after I modifed the same as instructed on the FAQ.  

1. tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload="101"

2. tone.dtmf.viaRtp="0"

3. voIpProt.SIP.dtmfViaSignaling.rfc2976="1"

Could someone please help us in getting this issue solved ?The version details has been mentioned below and we are using Brekeke pbx version3 .

Phone Model SoundStation IP 5000
UC Software Version 4.1.0.84959
BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Murali,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point would usually be to provide the Information what kind of DTMF method is expected by the IVR you are calling.

You already found the FAQ post describing the two supported versions.

1. Either Inbound DTMF via RTP

2. Or Outbound DTFM via SIP INFO

Above completely depends on your yet unprovided currently used software version.

Once you check this with your Provider of your SIP Platform you can set the relevant setting.

For follow up support that is not already documented within the FAQ please contact your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

The issue is that we are not able to log into our client calls that requires access code to be entered from IP 4000 or IP 5000 polycoms.We are able to dial the number, but while we enter the passcode/access code of that  call, it says the "conference code entered is invalid".

For IP 4000 polycom, the  sip version/id  shows 3.18. Should I need to collect any information on the sip version from our provider ? I am little lost there. Please help.
As suggested in the FAQ, I have uploaded the SIP_info_dtmf file to IP 4000 after editing the version name  from 3.16 to 3.18 on that file.I too tried uploading dtmf_payload_127/101  file after editing the cfg file (Just replaced 316 with 318). But the issue is still persisting. Please help us to resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello Murali,

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support in order to receive support for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.