Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We recently changed our phone system and are having some DTMF issues with a few polycom phones.

On other phones I set the DTMF to inband and this solved the issue there, but there is no such option in the web config for polycom phones.

I already followed this faq:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Phone-unable-to-send-DTMF-to-an-IVR-system-or-h...

But I still didn't get it to work after chaging payload sizes etc.

The main devices are:

SoundPoint IP 550

UC Software Version 4.1.1.0260

BootROM Software Version 5.1.0.85063

And VVX 501

UC Software Version 5.7.0.11768

Updater Version 5.9.0.9355

Using a 3CX PBX.

Any solutions here?

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi Wdb,

Thanks for your post . Have you changed the payload sizes only or also the encoding ?

For example :

<tone>
<tone.dtmf
tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload="101"
tone.dtmf.viaRtp="1" />
</tone>

OR

<tone>
<tone.dtmf
tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload="101"
tone.dtmf.viaRtp="0" />
</tone>

For RFC2833 if encoding is set to 1, encoded DTMF is sent in the active
RTP stream, otherwise 0 will encode dtmf within the signaling protocol only.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Yes I tried both, the xml sturcture you sent seemed a bit different than the one in the FAQ.

So I tried both of those as well, but they don't seem to work.

I'm uploading the config via web interface, I attached the file that I use.

Maybe the file structure is wrong?

Best regards,

Ward

HP Recommended

Hello @wdb,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains detailed instructions how to add this and how to troubleshoot this.

You have neither posted a backup of your config (so we can verify it has been added) not produced any logs or a wireshark trace.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

In the config the payload is changed to 101 properly.

but the "viaRtp" option doesn't seem to be set, I can't find this in the config:

tone.dtmf.viaRtp="1"

In attachments wireshark trace of a working phone, and than a polycom SPIP550.

Also an export of the config.

HP Recommended

Any more suggestions for me to try?

This is quite an issue, we can't use receptionist menu's when dialing.

Best regards,

Ward

HP Recommended

Hello @wdb,

As originally requested a wireshark trace and some logs with the suggested FAQ log settings would be useful.

A quick look at the photos from a wireshark trace show different codec's being used so we are not comparing the same.

3CX support may help you or other community members but I am currently travelling all week.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.