Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Default ringtone VVX411

SOLVED
Telecomuser
Occasional Advisor

Default ringtone VVX411

I’m trying to provision a VVX411 from a central provisioning server. I downloaded the phone backup file after provisioning and have the following :-

In CONFIG_FILES section I have :-

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer8"
np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="-30"

In PHONE_LOCAL I have :-

np.normal.ringing.calls.tonePattern="ringer4"
np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="6"
voIpProt.SIP.PnP.provisioning="1"
reg.1.ringType="ringer4"

am I right thinking that local settings on the phone override the parameters been sent by the provisioning server for np.normal.ringing?

if this is the case can the priority be changed so central provisioning has highest priority?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telecomuser
Occasional Advisor

Re: Default ringtone VVX411

Thanks for your reply Steffen,

that’s a shame that cannot have the default ringtone provisioned centrally.

I’m just experimenting at moment to see what I can and cannot do with centralised provisioning.

As a workaround I could set the ringtone locally then lock the phone so the ringtone cannot be changed by the end user.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Telecomuser ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

From our FAQ:

Jun 27, 2018 Question: How can I determine what source or order a configuration value came from or what is the priority of this?

ResolutionDetails => here <=

To answer your question you cannot. You can reset the different configurations but this may lose other settings.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Telecomuser
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply Steffen,

that’s a shame that cannot have the default ringtone provisioned centrally.

I’m just experimenting at moment to see what I can and cannot do with centralised provisioning.

As a workaround I could set the ringtone locally then lock the phone so the ringtone cannot be changed by the end user.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3