Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Defaulting a 601 Programmatically

Visitor

Defaulting a 601 Programmatically

I am trying to use a Configuration Server (Filezilla FTP) to default Polycom 601 telephones.

Lately, I am getting 10 to 20 Soundpoint 601 return/trade-in phones a day.

So, rather that using the keypad or web browser method, I would like to automate the process without using the <removed by a moderator> of the phone.

I can work with Node.js.

Idealy, I would like to have found something equal to a "Format File System" that could be done programmatically.

After much searching the Web, nothing was found.

Here is one method that I thought would work, but it looks like it isn't.

Among the other basic settings in the 000000000000.cfg file I have the following line:

<APPLICATION_SPIP601 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP601="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP601="phone1_318.cfg, device1.cfg, 000000000000-phone.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>

I used Wireshark and verified that the 000000000000-phone.cfg file was requested by the phone and delivered the contents by Filezilla.

The contents of the 000000000000-phone.cfg, are

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<OVERRIDES/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

I found that contents as a way to clear the overrides but it did not work.

Is anyone aware of a basic method to defualt the phones via the 000000000000.cfg route?

Thanks...

Tech Support 2020
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Defaulting a 601 Programmatically

Hello @billxx ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you also loading the other files specified and what values have these set?

Simplest would be to reset the password and then manually factory reset them. Should not take to long using the Multiple Key Combination.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2