Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

we are using the VVX600 phones with Lync 2013.

the firmware version is 5.2.0.8330 

when you transfer a call there is a 5 second delay from when you press the transfer soft button to when the screen comes up to allow you to enter the 3 digit extension to transfer the call to. It can then take a few seconds for the call the transfer - it feels like an un-naturally long gap.

we do not get this proble with the Blind Tranfer button that we have created using the following confuration:

<blind
      feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
      softkey.2.enable="1"
      softkey.2.insert="3"
      softkey.2.use.active="1"
      softkey.2.use.alerting="0"
      softkey.2.use.dialtone="0"
      softkey.2.use.hold="0"
      softkey.2.use.idle="0"
      softkey.2.use.proceeding="0"
      softkey.2.use.setup="0"
      softkey.2.action="$P1N3$$Trefer$"
      softkey.2.label="Blind Transfer"
      efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
      efk.efkprompt.1.label="Enter transfer destination"
      efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
      efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
      efk.efkprompt.1.digitmatching="none"
    />

is there a way to solve this delay?

thanks

jack

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello guideclothing,

Using your example on my LYNC server with UC Software 5.2.0 did not show any delay.

I can only suggest you contact your Polycom reseller and get a ticket raised with our support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have isolated the problem

when the following code is added to the config file - there is a delay when the transfer button is pressed:

<logging>
    <logging
     log.level.change.afe="0"
     log.level.change.ice="0"
     log.level.change.sip="0"
     log.level.change.so="1"
     log.level.change.tls="0"
     log.render.file.size="128"
     log.render.file.upload.append.sizeLimit="100000"
     log.render.level="0"
    />
  </logging>

are you able to replicate this?

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

the above logging configuration has set all modules to debug which is only something Polycom support would recommend for troubleshooting certain issues.

This should not be used in a production environment unless advised by Polycom support and is therefore not a valid setup.

Please reset these logging modules to their Level 4 standard.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

ok - that makes sense

thanks

jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.