Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The dial plan is driving me insane on my 501

I'm trying to use this

[2-9]11|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|[1-8]xx

All the phone will do is dial 3 digit extenions off hook

I have formatted the phone, and reset local and device, to no avail.

Where am I going wrong?

I have attached my cfg files but had to add a .docx to attach to this forum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello funman,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I cannot recognize your bovineext104.cfg as a compatible file with SIP 3.1.8.

It contains:

dialplan.1.digitmap="[2-9]11|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|[1-8]xx"

above is only part of the digitmap and that format is not supported in SIP 3.1.8 or older

The original sip_318.cfg contains instead the correct Value:

dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT"

You are most likely trying to mix different Versions of configuration files with legacy phones like the SPIP501 with newer Versions. This will not work and any errors are shown within the <mac>-app.log and <mac>-boot.log

The VoIP FAQ contains this article explaining the digitmap in detail:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello funman,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I cannot recognize your bovineext104.cfg as a compatible file with SIP 3.1.8.

It contains:

dialplan.1.digitmap="[2-9]11|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|[1-8]xx"

above is only part of the digitmap and that format is not supported in SIP 3.1.8 or older

The original sip_318.cfg contains instead the correct Value:

dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT"

You are most likely trying to mix different Versions of configuration files with legacy phones like the SPIP501 with newer Versions. This will not work and any errors are shown within the <mac>-app.log and <mac>-boot.log

The VoIP FAQ contains this article explaining the digitmap in detail:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ahh thanks.

It was driving me so crazy I have no idea where I got all my config files because I tried everything I could think of and changed things tons of times, trying all sorts of files found on the net.

Cleaning up that config file allowed my dial plan to work as needed, Thank You

This was the final, if it helps anyone else.

Allows all the x11's (911,411,etc) + allows 11 digit, 10 digit, and 7 digit dialing as well as 3 digit extensions

[2-9]11|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[1-9]xxT

HP Recommended

I am having similar but different issues, was wondering if I could get some help on this,I havea customer that makes a 7 digit call and it sits there, they are able to press the # and it forces the call to go through. My dial plan is set up like so;

<digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="[4-9]11|0[#T]|011x.[#T]|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[0-9]xx.[#T]|*xx|#xx"

Customer can dial 10 digits and get through as well, what can be the cause of this issue, the timer on the end of the string?Because 10 digit dial plan does not have one and its working, I have tried it with and without the "T". 

Needing help

HP Recommended

Hello voipphenom,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This post has already been marked as a fixed solution so it would usually be more advisable to post a new post.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Above elaborates in detail how to utilize the digitmap and also shows how to troubleshoot this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello I have recently purchased 2 Polycom VVX400 Phone and trying to edit the Phones Digitmap. I would like my phone users to be able to dial a local 5 to 6 digit number without entering the local 01297 prefix

Please could someone help on how to do this as im new to polycom phones and previously used Cisco phones

Current Digit Map is

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T

Iv tried putting RR01297Rxxxxxx but with out any luck

Phone Information Phone Model VVX 400 Part Number 3111-46157-002 Rev:A

UC Software Version 4.1.8.0628 Updater Version 5.1.8.0598

Any Help would be greatly appreciated  p.s i do not have direct access to the Provisioning server as this is hosted with Ring Central

HP Recommended

Hello Mattuk201,

This post already contains replies of people who successfully managed to modify their digitmap.

In addition the mentioned community's VoIP FAQ post => here <= contains detailed examples and how to troubleshoot this.

So far you have not provided a complete overview how you have changed yours so it is hard to comment. Your Service Provider Ring Central in addition should help you with this too.

The Community Search in addition should find multiple post's discussing the same thing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

i am currently working with a poloycom SoundStation IP 6000 and need help with the digitmap our service is PBX based so we put an 8 for dialing out and an 81 for long distance but i am running into an issue where the unit wont take the 81 and the 10 digit number. my current digitmap is the default one  [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T

i am not the best at this and would like any help you can provide.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello aselz24,

This post already contains replies of people who successfully managed to modify their digitmap.

In addition the mentioned community's VoIP FAQ post => here <= contains detailed examples and how to troubleshoot this.

You can also utilize the community search.

If the above is insufficient you can open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone , 

I have a Poly com VVX 410 phone with digitmap configured as below . In my understanding it means to prepend 9 in front of the dialed string and that wait for 3 seconds after last digit . Correct me if I am wrong .

RR9RxxxxxxxxxxT 

However, my problem is it only works for saved contact in directory .If I dial  a contact from directory it prepends 9 in front while If I dial manualy it doesn't .

Kindly advise.

Thanks,,

Vik

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.