Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using vvx500/501 phones and connecting to RingCentral. RingCentral states that the supported firmware is 5.4.2.6722 which we are currently running. Apparently, RingCentral does not support zero as an extension. We are attempting to use the Digitmap to replace the dialed zero with extension 5700.

The original Digitmap:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

I have tried various combinations of strings to no avail.

e.g.

Replace dialed zero

[2-9]11|R0R7560R|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

[2-9]11|R0R7560RT|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

Prepend digits to the dialed zero

[2-9]11|RR756R0|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

[2-9]11|RR756R0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

In all cases RingCentral replys with an intercept treatment stating that an incorrect extension was dialed.

Is what we are trying to do (reach extension 5700 if someone dials zero) possible using the Digitmap, and if so what would be the appropriate string to use? Alternatively, would there be another method to accomplish the stated goal?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @MikeSchock,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above shows you how to setup a digitmap and how to troubleshoot this as it has logging suggestions for this.

In addition do you dial this on hook or off hook?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I respect your time and would not want to waste it by having you answer a question that had already been resolved. Prior to posting, I researched the issue we are having. I read the posts that that appeared to pertain to the symptom we are experiencing and in those posts I read the same response that you posted to me. The cut & paste responses are extremely frustrating. I would expect that by reading my post it would have been evident that I have at least a rudimentary understanding of the Digitmap and that the problem may be beyond the scope of the links provided in your reply. It brings into question whether my post was actually read.

So please, no more Cut & Paste replies. Let's begin to have an actual dialog.

The log level limit for Support Objects was set to Event 1 via:

Polycom vvx501 web interface-->Settings-->Logging-->Module Log Level Limits-->Support Objects--> Event 1

A test call was placed dialing the digit zero using the following Digitmap:

[2-9]11|R0R5700RT|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T

After 3 seconds intercept treatment was heard stating that an incorrect extension was entered.

The logs were viewed using:

Polycom vvx501 web interface-->Diagnostics-->View & Download Logs (Log File Type=App - Log Level Filter=All)

However, there were no entries containing '[SoDigitMapElementC]' or anything 'DigitMap' for that matter.

Suggestions?

HP Recommended

The above test was performed both by lifting the handset as well as using speaker phone.

HP Recommended

Also, 5700 is our operator extension, 7560 is the test phone in our lab. Both have been tried with the same result.

HP Recommended

Hello @MikeSchock,

You can wait for other community members to try and help you or open a Support Ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I replaced the 0T with R0R3659RT on my VVX501 running 5.7.0 and dialing 0 on the phone will then after a few seconds send the call to extension 3659. You can replace 3659 with 5700 to reach the desired effect.

This digit map should provide the desired effect. dialing 0 and after a few seconds sends the call to extension 5700

[2-9]11|R0R5700RT|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|**x.T|+x.T|R0R5700RT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.