Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Dialed Password masking

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Dialed Password masking

Is there a way to mask some of the input digits?

Example:

If I dial 912345777777

9 = access code

12345=password

777777=external number

I need that the polycom screen shows 9*****777777

Regards

Gaston

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Dialed Password masking

Hello GastonM,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how to use Enhanced Feature Keys (EFK) and these can utilize such functionality. Check the Admin Guide against the efk.efkprompt.x.userfeedback feature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Is this possible for SoundPoint IP 330 SIP phones running ver. 3.3.5?

If so, does one add the enhanced feature key lines to the (mac-addr>.cfg file?

Val

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Val,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You could simply check the UC Software 3.3.0 Admin guide to ensure the parameter is present in this software.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains that these files are used to LOAD a configuration and not to contain a configuration.

You specify within these what configuration file(s) you want to load containing your own configuration.

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above provides more details on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4