Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

We are new to VoIP and just got ourself two  IP 7000.

They are set up without boot server using Quick Tip 44011.

Calling using SIP works fine.

But we also want to call directly by the IP of these phones.

Lets say 1. phone has IP 10.61.24.34

The 2. phone has IP 10.61.24.35

When I make a call on phone 1 to phone 2, by typing in the IP address 10.61.24.35

The display says

To SIP: 10.61.24.35

Nothing happens.

Both phones are offcause on the same network.

When testing this they were on the same switch and subnet.

Both answered to ping and served the web-admin page. They also worked with SIP to regular phone numbers.

I fond a manual here:

http://www.it.northwestern.edu/bin/docs/polycomip7000.pdf

on page 53 says:

"Placing a call using an IP address or URL may not be enabled for your phone. For

more information, see your system administrator."

So for my question, ho do I enable this feature, or why does it not work.

Thanx for anny help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello fiskepudding,

welcome to the Polycom community.

Most likely the Invite received by your SIP server would be something like 10.61.24.35@SIPServerIP

Check via Wireshark and the SIP Server may not like this form of an Invite.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanx for the answer.

I read the FAQ before posting. In US standards we are a small company and use an external SIP provider.

I was hoping that you somehow could tell the IP 7000 to call an IP directly WITHOUT using a SIP provider. So it would be like a "pont to point call"..But I guess not.

HP Recommended

Hello,

you can. Just activate URL dialing and it should work.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanx, but I am unable to find such settings in the "SoundStation IP Configuration" / Config wepage of the pone.

I dont find such settings anywere in the phone's menu either.

Any tips on where in the menu I can find this?

I wil just add that I think URL dialing is enabeled:

See attatched images

I can select URL, I click it.

Type the IP

Then it calles out with SIP it seems.

So i guess i have to remove all SIP config on the phone, then it would work?

If thats the only way, It won't do me no good. becuase there will be like 50% calls using SIP and 50% direct to another IP.

That leaves us with just using SIP, even if both devices are on the same network..  Hoppe that is not the case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.