Dialing by name

Occasional Advisor

Dialing by name

Does anyone know if it possible to have the VVX handset bring up directory name matched suggestions when user is dialing a number? 

For example if user dials '4' (and nothing else) on the keypad then the phone brings up directory entries begining with 'G', 'H' or 'I' ?

(testing with VVX 501 running firmware 5.5.4)

George Najm
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Dialing by name

Hello @GeorgeN,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

to my personal knowledge this is not implemented in any current software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Hi @SteffenBaierUK

The VVX handset will bring up contact directory suggestions when dialing but these are based on matching the contact record number with the numebr dialed by the user. For example if I press the number '2' into the handset keypad I get suggestions of contact directory records that contain a '2' - This behavior is not useful.

Contact directory suggestions should be based on name matching ie. pressing '2' brings up contact records beginning with A, B, or C etc.

Any information on how to submit a feature request?

George Najm
Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @GeorgeN,

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4