Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a soundpoint 501 that has been working fine until this morning. I've searched for a solution to the problem which I figured would be common, but I've turned up empty-handed. 

When trying to dial out from the phone all I get is a busy-signal. When someone calls the phone it sends them straight to the phone's voicemail.

Has anyone seen this before or know a solution? If you need any more information I'll try my best to provide it. I really appreciate any information you may provide.

Thanks for taking look,

s smith

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello ssmith,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

1st an easy question, does the Phone Icon in the LCD Display still show a full Icon of a Phone or just an outline of the Phone?

If it is an outline then the Phone has lost it's registration.

This could have many issues and without knowing more of your setup is quite difficult to troubleshoot.

One thing could be that the Phone has changed it's IP Address on the Router and therefore no longer has the correct Ports forwarded to the Phone (Firewall).

Maybe some member of the community will add their advise so please provide as much information as possible.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey thanks,

I'm assuming the phone icon you're talking about is on the left side next to an extension number. The phone icon is actually NOT there and is instead an envelope. Does this paint a better picture of the problem?

Thanks so much for your assistance,

SSmith

HP Recommended

I realize this is because there are voicemails on the phone, but I cannot access the voicemails either. This too just gives a busy signal.

HP Recommended

Hello ssmith,

one quick way of checking if the phone is still registered to the SIP Provider is:

Press the Menu Key => select Status => select Lines

this menu will offer you now either the Line Information or the Server Status

Both of the above should provide you with a countdown Information showing the registration/subscription to the SIP Server.

If above show nothing or no registration Information the Phone lost it's connectivity to the SIP Server.

You need to ensure that the Phone's IP can still communicate via your Network with your SIP Provider.

This requires some network knowledge and is outside the scope of the Support provided by Polycom Employees within this community but includes port forwarding and firewall rules and other settings usually set on a Router.

Members of the Community itself are welcomed and encouraged to provide further troubleshooting.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.