Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

We are using Polycom for conference rooms.

Sometimes when you call into a conference you have to use a PIN code.

Sometimes it starts and finnish with *, sometimes with #, other times just ends with *, also starts with # and ends with *.

We are not using config files, so i have to change it through tew web interface, but what should i put in so all the above situations will be able for diffrent sizes of PIN codes?

Regards,

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually when you call into these services the DTMF is only added once you are actually connected to the called number.

Once the call is established the Digitmap no longer is applicable.

For further details on the digitmap and other details you can follow up within the community's VoIP FAQ as it contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

But if we call Genesys meeting number, you will be promted to tap in a PIN code, the PIN code is *1234*

But we can never connect to the conference because after the first* nothing works.

What could be wrong?

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

I would need to see the SIP signaling etc. but this is outside the scope within the community for myself as a Polycom employee.

I suggest you raise this via your Polycom reseller or post a reply here including the scenario and the current software version used so other community members may have a look at it.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.

More info on the scenario:

When you press * after the voice says tap PIN code, the Polycom Sound Station opens up a new line and i can make a new call.

SIP 3.3.3.0069

HP Recommended

Hello Thomas,

are you saying the SSIP6000 places the prior call on hold and provides a new line or does the conferencing service provide the dialtone?

As advised before please follow up with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.