Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a SoundPoint 650 with expansion module configured with two call parks and multiple BLFs.  The issue I'm facing is that, although both the directed call pickup method and call park method are configured as "native", they still attempt to prepend a string before the number.  Even more strange, both features attempt to use the call.directedCallPickupString instead of their respective string.

My configuration is as follows:

<call call.lastCallReturnString="*69" call.callWaiting.ring="beep" call.parkedCallRetrieveMethod="native" call.parkedCallRetrieveString="" call.directedCallPickupMethod="native" call.directedCallPickupString="">
<hold>
<localReminder call.hold.localReminder.enabled="1" call.hold.localReminder.period="60" call.hold.localReminder.startDelay="90"/>
</hold>
<serverMissedCall call.serverMissedCall.1.enabled="0" call.serverMissedCall.2.enabled="0"/>
<missedCallTracking call.missedCallTracking.1.enabled="1" call.missedCallTracking.2.enabled="1"/>
</call>
 <attendant attendant.reg="1" attendant.uri="" attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="1" attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1" attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.normal="1" attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.automata="1" attendant.resourceList.4.address="6014502525@sbc1.megagate.com" attendant.resourceList.4.label="Aprille Lott" attendant.resourceList.4.type="automata" attendant.resourceList.7.address="6014500777@sbc1.megagate.com" attendant.resourceList.7.label="Stan Gwin" attendant.resourceList.7.type="automata" attendant.resourceList.11.address="5953@sbc1.megagate.com" attendant.resourceList.11.label="Kyle Drennan" attendant.resourceList.11.type="automata" attendant.resourceList.15.address="6014507586@sbc1.megagate.com" attendant.resourceList.15.label="Kristie West" attendant.resourceList.15.type="automata" attendant.resourceList.19.address="9001@sbc1.megagate.com" attendant.resourceList.19.label="P2" attendant.resourceList.19.type="automata" attendant.resourceList.20.address="9000@sbc1.megagate.com" attendant.resourceList.20.label="P1" attendant.resourceList.20.type="automata"/>

<lineKey lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" lineKey.1.category="line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="line" lineKey.2.index="2" lineKey.3.category="unassigned" lineKey.3.index="0" lineKey.4.category="BLF" lineKey.4.index="0" lineKey.5.category="unassigned" lineKey.5.index="0" lineKey.6.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.6.index="6" lineKey.7.category="BLF" lineKey.7.index="0" lineKey.8.category="unassigned" lineKey.8.index="0" lineKey.9.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.9.index="9" lineKey.10.category="unassigned" lineKey.10.index="0" lineKey.11.category="BLF" lineKey.11.index="0" lineKey.12.category="unassigned" lineKey.12.index="0" lineKey.13.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.13.index="13" lineKey.14.category="unassigned" lineKey.14.index="0" lineKey.15.category="BLF" lineKey.15.index="0" lineKey.16.category="unassigned" lineKey.16.index="0" lineKey.17.category="unassigned" lineKey.17.index="0" lineKey.18.category="unassigned" lineKey.18.index="0" lineKey.19.category="BLF" lineKey.19.index="0" lineKey.20.category="BLF" lineKey.20.index="0" />

Using wireshark, any time I have these settings and call.directedCallPickupString has a value, that value is prepended to the orbit code and the extension on which I'm attempting a call pickup.  Ideally, we should be able to perform call pickup and also call park retrieval without the use of star codes.  I have searched on this subject extensively and haven't found any others with the same issue, so I'm under the impression that I may have misconfigured this phone.  Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Charles,

please be aware that the community is not meant to be a replacement for the Polycom Support Structure.

If this Phone is used in a professional setup you may want to liaise with Polycom Support directly in order to get advise.

Usually the 1st step would be to check you logs if any errors Pop up.

I would then check the Software Version as a few days ago a UCS 4.0.1 Version was released that was not the final Version.  You should only use 4.0.1.13681

In addition ensure that you are actually loading the correct configuration. You can force the Phone to upload it's current configuration via the Admin Menu and check if the configuration you provided is actually the one loaded bu the phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.  We just started provisioning Polycoms in our environment, so I have to get used to everything being new again 🙂

I'll speak with Polycom support directly on this issue.

Thanks,

Charles

HP Recommended

Charles,

ensure that if you are using the templates from the \config Subfolder and loading some or all of these via the 000000000000.cfg / <mac.cfg that the order of the files within config_files="" is the order they are loaded.

If you load a template with the Star codes within and then you individual handcreated cfg the values of the 1st loaded file are honored.

That is why it is always a good idea to export the files from the phone to check the cfg.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you for the information, however I'm afraid it doesn't apply to this particular situation.  The call pickup and park retrieval strings are only present in the main configuration file made available by the provisioning server.  I've factory defaulted the device just to be sure that there weren't any erroneous settings, but the issue persists.

The other odd thing is that although the call pickup and park retrieve methods are specified as "native", the invites sent by the phone have no "replaces" header, just the string prepended to resource address in the "to" field.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.