Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

With the new Polycom phone firmware 4.0.1, when a restart an IP phone, it starts even before it has checked the IP connection.
So, if the DHCP is slow to assign the IP address to the phone, it displays for several second the messagge "Network link down".
To avoid this drawback, I need always to press the "Cancel" button during the "Loading Application" phase.
Is there a specific field in the phone configuration files that disable this "fast start"?

Thank You
Marco

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Marco,

I am not aware that we can delay the Boot Process to wait for your DHCP Server.

Once the Phone has fully booted and received this message the phone is working.

This is more a cosmetic issue and does not stop the phones functionality and in an normal environment the phone would not be rebooted on a regular basis as well.

This is working as designed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.