Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have viewed as many forums as I could get my hands on and I understand the basics of disabling the keys; however, I cannot even find the "reject" softkey feature in the sip configuration 3.3.2 file. I see every softkey except this one. I am wanting to disable it. I have been forwarded over to instructions of how to disable soft keys but this is usueless unless I know what the softkey code is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello psnyder1985,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The answer is pretty simple, there is currently no method to disable this key and the Phone is working as designed.

If you would like Polycom to change the Software to offer the possibility to disable this key please raise this via your Polycom Reseller as a feature request and provide a business case. You can in addition mention VOIP-61463 as there is already an existing request for this functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I would like to just add to this posting, is there anything new on disabling the reject softkey. I have employees that are using this to dodge calls. It would be nice to simply disable the reject softkey. Any plans for realeasing this feature?

HP Recommended

Hello mailchimp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The answer and solution is still the same. Please work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Unfortunately my reseller has not been able to provide a solution on this. Is it possible to disable the reject button, I can't imagine why you would not give admins the ability to disable this feature. Does Poloycom plan on coming out with a solution for this problem?

HP Recommended

Hello Mailchimp,

The answer was already provided in my original reply to the original poster.

Currently there is no way to my knowledge to disable the reject Softkey.

My advise to yourself is to work with your Polycom reseller to raise a Feature request.

I have created a new VoIP FAQ post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above is the standard procedure for such a requested Software change.

Please be aware that within the community you are only the second person, to my knowledge, who has asked for this functionality and I have not found a Feature request leading back to the original poster.

I can only assume that the thousands of Polycom Endpoints Implementers in the field do not see this as a major problem and therefore have not asked our software / product management team to change this.

Have you tried to check with your SIP Platform provider to implement a change on their end to ignore the 603 decline message for the Endpoints in question?

Currently the phone is working as designed and if you require a change you will need to follow up the suggested process.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have the opposite problem.  I am running UC 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 on VVX 500's and 600's, and I no longer have the "Red" Reject option that used to display in the center of the screen.  I do have the Answer option.  I don't recal making any changes that should have affected this, and I didnt notice anything in the config when I reviewed them.  Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello jaikens,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The new VVX phones have a completely re-designed GUI in comparison with the SoundPoint / SoundStation phones so some features may have changed.

If this worked in an older version compatible with these phones please provide the details of this and then work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello jaikens,

a quick test using a VVX600 with UCS 4.1.3 (4.1.4 is VVX300 & 400 only), 4.1.5, 4.1.6 and 5.0.1 always shows the reject key:

Above was tested running a base profile for SIP.

It must be something in your configuration so as suggested please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any solution about disable "reject" and "ignore" button on SoundPoint IP 335.

Last update was 1 year ago.

Thanks

Javier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.