Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have video entirely disabled on my VVX 1500, but it still shows a preview of the video on the top right of the screen. How can I remove that?

Here is the configuration XML that I have right now:

<video video.autoStartVideoTx="0" video.enable="0" />
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
  • MAC Address - 00:04:F2:4F:F3:93
  • UC Software Version - 5.9.1.0615
  • Updater Version - 5.9.7.12459

Config file: attached

HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my own personal knowledge you must use the shutter on the VVX. There is no parameter for this.

As the VVX1500 is end of sale there is no futher development on this phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Let me be clear what I'm talking about - on the screen when the phone is at idle, it nonetheless shows video (please see attached image).

Yes, you can close the shutter but even then it overlays a black panel on the screen and it seems impossible that this is something every/most (any?) VVX 1500 owner would want.

HP Recommended

Hello @bobjase ,

You are correct. The VVX 1500 design goes back before my time with Polycom i.e. 2008 or earlier.

Since then no other customer thought about this feature to be important enough to request this to be changed.

Even the new VVX500/501/600/601 use a silhouette when no camera is installed and the UI cannot dynamically utilize the free space.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.