Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My customer wants us to disable or remove the DND feature on the VVX 300 phone.  How do I do that?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello b cannon

Please check the FAQ

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I disable the Do not Disturb / DND and/or Call forwarding options on the Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Send from a mobile device

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hello

you can do it just by addind this line :

<feature
feature.doNotDisturb.enable="0"
/>

it will remove sofkey and menu icon

for icon only, it is :

homeScreen.doNotDisturb.enable="0"

and for softkey only, it is :

softkey.feature.doNotDisturb="0"

HP Recommended

I am trying this code in a vvx 300 and the DND softkey is still showing.

softkey.feature.doNotDisturb="0"
homeScreen.doNotDisturb.enable="0"

UC Software Version

HP Recommended

here is the only line I put on my config file :

<feature
/>

you don't need the 3 lines together, only 1 of them, following the thing you want to do.

I have the same version as you.

check that you don't have elsewhere this command activated :

divert.dnd.1.enabled="1"

if yes, remove it or change the value to "0"

HP Recommended
Hello all

My initial reply detailed the FAQ post which explains this in detail and also mentions the required software version in order to be able to utilise the feature.

So far no software version that is being used was mentioned.

Send from a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Using UC Software Version 5.2.0.8330 on the VVX 310 and FreePBX 12 with EPM 12.0.0.27 I was able to add softkey.feature.doNotDisturb="0" and that works but as noted it doesn't remove the MENU icon and functionality, so I tried adding:
features
feature.doNotDisturb
enable="0"
but I can't get it to add the entry... in fact I see syntax differences with this article http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-disable-the-Do-not-Disturb-DND-and-or-Call/td-p/6... and my current cfg file

HP Recommended

Hello OPTN,

the syntax as described in my FAQ article is:

If the above does not work for you please contact your Polycom reseller so they can raise a ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

You are 100% correct and now looking at it with a fresh eye today I got it... Thanks

For those that need a little extra, this is how I added it with FreePBX EPM:

HP Recommended

First of all, understand that I'm a completely non-technical business owner so forgive me if I get the language wrong.

We use a Polycom VVX310 and have had continuous problems with it autonomously going into DND mode.  Needless to say, this substantially interferes with the conduct of business because calls are not answered.  We've got the phone set for call forwarding to my cell phone when I'm not in the office and that works fine when the phone is not in DND mode.

Provisioning server is Phone Power and the supplier of the phone is VOIP Supply, both of which have been very responsive but unable to fix the problem.  I've spent hours doing conference calls with both tech support people on conference calls and remote access to my computer.

Most recently, Phone Power tech inserted the following into the feature doNotDisturb.enable="0" into the config file and then rebooted the phone but the DND feature still works manually.  We'll have to wait and see if it autonomously goes into DND mode.

VOIP Supply tech thinks the problem is with Phone Power's provisioning software on their servers so not interested in raising a ticket with Polycom.  Phone Power says they have not had this problem with other customers using the VVX310.

Anybody have any insight into this issue that has not been discussed in this thread yet?  Any suggestions for a fool proof way to permanently delete or disable the Do Not Disturb function of this phone?

Thanks a bunch!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.