Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

There are a lot of different posts with different versions how to do it I am currently running version 4.0.3 and there is no way I could get this to be disabled.

If anyone could please post exactly how to disable DND completely from the Polycom Sound Point and the VVX phones running version 4.0.3 or later would be very much appreciated and helpful to others.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello ykvo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware there is no official way to disable DND. On some phones, depending on the software you can disable the DND Softkey but users can still use the menu to do so.

You can in addition disable some sections of the menu but there is no simple way to do so.

Maybe the easiest way is to enable server controlled DND and the DND functionality will simply no longer work on the phone.

This will cause some SIP signaling !

In order to completely remove this functionality you will need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise a feature request via a Polycom sales engineer and provide a business case to justify this. Please get the SE to reference VOIP-84198 / VOIP-82539.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, can you at least guide me how to disable the sofkey DND and how if possible on the sound point IP 550 or 650 disable the Do Not Disturb button, so it will only allow that feature if its done through the menu, at least it will illuminate most of the problems we are having by people mistakingly clicking the DND button.

HP Recommended

Hello ,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

On the Polycom VVX300 I was told the DND on the softkeycannot be disabled is this true? If not how can this be disabled from the softkey.

HP Recommended

Hello ykvo,

I believe we have currently no way on the VVX500/600/3x0/4x0 range to disable the DND key.

For further details please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.