Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It is possible to configure a SPIP phone (running UCS 4.0.1) to send only RFC2833 packets and not send the tone audio over the RTP stream?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello 24x8,

I can only advise you to always check the FAQ before posting a new topic.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system

Resolution: Please check => here <=

DTMF Inbound (within RTP) is RFC2833

DTMF Outbound (via SIP Info) is RFC2976

I am not familiar with sending no Tone but Audio Packets. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, of course. I always do, as well as having spent hours reading the UCS Admin Guide and experimenting with various options in our lab setup. I only post here as a last resort, in the hopes that someone else might have encountered a similar situation and/or might know that little tidbit of information that would save me many more hours of trial-and-error.

Unfortunately, that particular posting (nor any others I was able to find) doesn't really address my question, but thank you so much for your prompt reply.

HP Recommended

Hello,

like I said above, I am not aware of a Inbound DTMF RFC that specifies that it would send packets but not generate the DTMF tone.

You can use SIP Info Outbound DTMF that cannot be "heard" by another Device/Person as it is not included within the Audio stream.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I wish to find answer between this replies, I'm going to use DTMF Decoder or SIM800L GSM module to decode DTMF but I tried a normal phone call and found DTMF is not hearable and with many devices. and later I found that mobile operators are transmitting DTMF signals through different channel than the normal voice channel. So I need to confirm if any DTMF decoder can decode this signals? 

HP Recommended

Hello @Mamdouh Saeed ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I am unsure what you are asking for and how this is in any form related to Poly VoIP products but you replied to a 9-year-old post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.