Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I`ve followed the instructions found here to disable the PC port of my phone.Basically I added the following in my prov. files:

<device device.set="1">
<prov device.net.etherModeLAN.set="1" device.net.etherModeLAN="2" device.net.etherModePC.set="1" device.net.etherModePC="-1"/>
</device>

The thing is, no matter what value I put I can`t disable the PC port.  I can set it to 10 half-duplex, for example, but not disable it outright. I tried setting device.net.etherModePC.set to "-1" and "Disabled" to no avail.

Any tips? I am clearly using the correct method since the speed of the port changes, but what value should I use to disable completely the PC port from a provisioning file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

I did a quick test with a SPIP560 running UCS 4.1.0 and the Port Status is shown correctly as inactive if disabled.

Please raise a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller if you are unable to verify the same functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

I did a quick test on a SPIP650 running UCS 4.1.0

<PCport device.set="1" device.net.etherModePC.set="1" device.net.etherModePC="Disabled" />

and

<PCport device.set="1" device.net.etherModePC.set="1" device.net.etherModePC="-1" />

disable the PC port without issue.

I suggest to check your log files and if the issue persist log a Ticket via your Polycom reseller with our Support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

I tested it again.  The PC connected to the port didn`t seem to reach the network, but on the phone's status page (Status - Ethernet) the PC port showed as "active". Is this normal behavior?

HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

I did test this and the connected PC was unable to gain any connectivity through that network port.

It may be your Operating system or the drivers for the Network card causing what you describe.

If you require further support or details please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I`m sorry, I wasn`t clear: the phone`s status for the network PC port says "Active". Not the PC.

HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

I did a quick test with a SPIP560 running UCS 4.1.0 and the Port Status is shown correctly as inactive if disabled.

Please raise a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller if you are unable to verify the same functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.